Question Polk Max SR

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Still looking at Soundbar options & stumbled across this on the Richer Sounds website

Polk 5.1 Home Theater Soundbar & Wireless Rear Surround Speakers

Google is lacking in much of the way of reviews etc. so was just wondering if anyone had any views on it?

Looks like it could tick all the boxes I need in a new surround sound solution.

Going to speak to my local Richer Sounds tomorrow to see if they have any in & if we can plan a demo (along with a couple of other options - Yamaha YSP2700, Philips Fidelio B5 & Onkyo LS7200) if they still offer that service but wondered if anyone else had listened to it.

Thanks for any assistance

Neil

I see you went for the Yamaha!
I picked up a 65inch Panasonic oled 802 a few months back and was torn between the Polk and the Yamaha, both were around £500? my room is fairly large (with high ceilings) and not square, something on an L shaped bit too the room. Having discussed with the good guys in Richer they suggested the Yamaha wouldnt be so good for me (room dimensions) I went for the Polk, having heard of the brand when I was working in NY.

I can say Im really happy tbh its true 5.1 and is powerful enough to fill the room. I will however be updating it late next year (move the Polk to another room) once the ps5 comes out and we know what 3d audio they support (Atmos I assume?) I will be hopefully picking up an Atmos setup - Also hoping they come down a little!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom