Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Polk in-wall suppliers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MarkHudds, Jun 22, 2004.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

Does anyone know anywhere that sells Polk in-wall speakers (specifically the RC55i or RC65i) apart from Hifibitz?

Searched on Google but I can't find anywhere else and the Polk website lists one distributer in London as the only match for 'Dealers in the UK'.

Thanks

2. dragonfly

dragonfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Markhurdd,
    The new Distributors for POLK AUDIO Speakers in UK are Teklink Distributors Ltd 68 St.John Street London ECIM4DT TEL..02077025277 OR
    info@teklinkdistribution.com :thumbsup:

3. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks guys

I've ordered from Hifibitz in the end ... they reckon it's next day delivery to them and then next day to me - so that's not bad!

5. Lennyz

Lennyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I would be interested to know what you think of the sound and quality of these when you get sorted Mark. I have wondered about these in walls myself.

Lennyz

6. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Lennyz - I got 2 pairs of the RC55i model for rear and back surround duties in my 7.1 set up (mains - MA silver 9i, centre - MA silver 12i, sub - Velodyne CHT-15). I had 2 pairs of the MA silver FXi surrounds, however one of the pairs was in an inconvenient location - sticking out into a stair case.

So have I sacrificed timbre matching for the cosmetic appeal of in-walls? I reckon not ... I would say its more important to match your front sound-stage than the complete set up. The Polks work very well with my MA, if anything they're slightly less harsh than the FXi's.

Aimable tweeters is a big bonus too as personally I prefer a more direct surround sound rather than diffused.

Installation would be a doddle if you have the required 7cm depth in your walls. I had about 3cm, due to dry-lining (plasterboard dabbed directly to concrete blocks) so I had to get my SDS drill out and chisel out the extra 4cm. Hard (and messy) work but worth it for the end result! The locking cams work brilliantly though - best fixing I've seen for in-walls.

I'd recommend them and if you've got a decent sub and all your speakers set to 'small' on your amp, then I wouldn't go for anything bigger than the RC55i's.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about them.

Mark.

7. Lennyz

Lennyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks Mark,

I am still considering the in walls. I presently have a complete M&K K series setup and I am intrigued by the in wall option for the looks side of it.

I appreciate your reply and I may well ask you some more about them. I have just moved house and am currently doing the lounge to my own spec so I have a few decisions to make.

Ta
    :thumbsup: