Question Polk In Wall / In Ceiling Speakers

donjayok

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been looking into buying Polk speakers for my soon to be constructed home cinema. I am considering a 5.1(or2).4 setup.

I am considering the following...

Polk Audio Vanishing RT Series 3.0 In-Wall Home Speaker System (2-265RT & 1-255C)
Polk Audio Vanishing RT Series 3.0 In-Wall Home Speaker System (2-265RT & 1-255C 723035508012 | eBay

Polk Audio RC85i 2-Way In-Wall Speakers x 2
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polk-Audio-RC85i-2-Way-Speakers/dp/B00006I5O6/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?keywords=Polk+Audio+RC80i+2-way+Premium+In-Ceiling+8"+Round+Speakers,+Set+of+2+Perfect+for+Damp+and+Humid+Indoor/Outdoor+Placement+-+Bath,+Kitchen,+Covered+Porches+(White,+Paintable+Grille)&qid=1564792108&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmr3

Polk Audio RC80i 2-Way In-Ceiling/In-Wall Speakers x 4
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-RC80i-2-Way-Ceiling-Speakers/dp/B00006BMQT/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=Polk+Audio+RC80i+2-way+Premium+In-Ceiling+8"+Round+Speakers,+Set+of+2+Perfect+for+Damp+and+Humid+Indoor/Outdoor+Placement+-+Bath,+Kitchen,+Covered+Porches+(White,+Paintable+Grille)&qid=1564792474&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Questions...

1. Would this be a decent setup choice for a converted garage 5m x 2.6m metres?

2. The fact that the front left and right speakers (265RT) are 3 way speakers, does that matter that the RC85i and RC80i are not?

3. The vanishing RT series speakers are hopefully being ordered from the US. 1 x 265RT speaker is approximately £160, the same speaker from a UK supplier is £549. I know there will be shipping costs and import charges, but I think it will still be alot cheaper! Has anyone got any advice for ordering from the US?

Many thanks in advance.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Did you go with these in the end? Considering in-walls myself and finding a significant lack of info or reviews out there. What way did you go?

Regarding question 3. I bought ceiling speakers from the USA last year and they arrived in a double box packaging in perfect condition. Delivery time was 3 weeks.

Be expected to pay around an extra 70% on top of the unit price to cover postage and customs charges. They ended up costing about 1/3 of the UK price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom