Polk Command Bar Soundbar Review & Comments

The Polk Command Bar is "only" 549€ in Finland, so please do enjoy a good UK price for once :)

Ed said that Polk might be using the Command Bar as a category killer in the UK, and given that price differential he might be right.
The price difference is not quite as big in Germany, but even there I can't see prices anywhere near £199.

How would you rate this against the Yamaha yas107. I know this one has a sub but if the yas had a sub connected how would you rate the 2

I have ordered one after reading the review, £199 from RS. I did wonder about the Yam YAS but Mrs J's eyes lit up when Alex was mentioned.

What is a category killer?

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi all, I am looking to get this based on Steve’s review but I went on Amazon and there has been a few reviews saying the Alexa part doesn’t work very well. Any thoughts?

£180 now with SBAR10 code.

Mightily tempted for the second TV in the bedroom at Richer Price's £199.

Mightily tempted for the second TV in the bedroom at Richer Price's £199.
There was a £20 off voucher on HotUKDeals for sound bars from Richer Sounds, makes it even more of a bargain. Not sure if still valid but it was last week when I bought mine, free online delivery too.

EDIT: sorry voucher has expired :thumbsdow

Last edited:
There was a £20 off voucher on HotUKDeals for sound bars from Richer Sounds, makes it even more of a bargain. Not sure if still valid but it was last week when I bought mine, free online delivery too.

EDIT: sorry voucher has expired :thumbsdow

No worries. Are you happy with it?

Yeah, it does they job, certainly has improved the vocals on everything so far which is why I bought it. Don't know how it would compare to anything else but at the price I'm happy enough.

Thanks. I'll probably take the plunge and buy one. :)

Currently got a Yamaha YAS-203. Anyone any ideas how this Polk would compare in real life? The whole built in Alexa has be gagging for it

Hi,
Probably a bit late in the day to reply but I bought this a week or so ago for £149 from Ebay brand new and stock still available.
Initially had difficulty connecting Alexa, but after doing so no problems.
Even when the volume is high on the soundbar Alexa listens and responds.
Sound is very good for a 2.1 with deep bass.
A real bargain at £149 when you consider what Alexa costs as a stand alone system.

seriously considering one of these and ditching the AV 5.1 setup which hardly gets used. How does it handle DTX and atmos formats will they pass through?

How does this compare to other products out there? Specifically as a soundbar, I'm not interestedin the Alexa integration (got Alexa coming out my ears don't need it). I'm interested becasue it seems relatively well spe'ed at an affordable price.

But against the Yamaha Yas-207 for example, or the Sony HT-X8500 how does it fare?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom