Political Opinion Poll Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 897791
  • Start date
I can literally find your posts when Tories lead criticising Starmer. Yet as soon as Labour lead you point out that the polls can just flip back any day.,.

It’s absolutely on the money.

Care to comment about your previous post claiming Kinnock didn’t have to fight the Corbyn lot….? Another thing that wasn’t true.
Militant was entirely different from the Corbyn supporters of today. If you don’t understand that, you weren’t there.

As for the Labour lead at the moment, remember that only 2 months ago the Tories had a big lead, so it’s more caution that the Tories may regain the lead, not in any way wanting that.

I remember the disappointment in 1992 and don’t want to go through that again.

This was the first post in this particular conversation that wasn't directly about poll readings.
Which was a reply to 4636 directly mentioning Corby, as you could see from the highlighted bit of the post.

Militant was entirely different from the Corbyn supporters of today. If you don’t understand that, you weren’t there.

As for the Labour lead at the moment, remember that only 2 months ago the Tories had a big lead, so it’s more caution that the Tories may regain the lead, not in any way wanting that.

I remember the disappointment in 1992 and don’t want to go through that again.
Corbyn literally helped Benn in his leadership challenge in 1988.

He opposed Kinnock, Smith and Blair.

That’s not in doubt. He said exactly the same things about Labour then as you are now.

I showed you a video showing Corbyn being interviewed in the aftermath of the failed leadership challenge.

Yet you claimed Kinnock didn’t have to fight Corbyn and his lot.

Are you going to accept you were wrong?

Posting this without comment because I’ll probably be accused of war crimes or treason if I don’t slavishly praise the Lord Starmer for absolutely guaranteeing a 200 seat majority for Labour.

Corbyn literally helped Benn in his leadership challenge in 1988.

He opposed Kinnock, Smith and Blair.

That’s not in doubt. He said exactly the same things about Labour then as you are now.

I showed you a video showing Corbyn being interviewed in the aftermath of the failed leadership challenge.

Yet you claimed Kinnock didn’t have to fight Corbyn and his lot.

Are you going to accept you were wrong?
No, I was saying that the Militant Tendency and Corbyn were very different, and if you think Tony Benn was bad for the Labour Party, then you are on another planet.

Posting this without comment because I’ll probably be accused of war crimes or treason if I don’t slavishly praise the Lord Starmer for absolutely guaranteeing a 200 seat majority for Labour.

1 per cent change is just 'noise' isnt it? Especially given its still an 8 point lead and is something daft like 34 points up on when he started.

No, I was saying that the Militant Tendency and Corbyn were very different, and if you think Tony Benn was bad for the Labour Party, then you are on another planet.
But that’s not true either. Corbyn opposed the expulsion of militants and in fact convened ‘defeat the witch hunt’ meetings to stop militants being expelled. And that was before he was even an MP.

Corbyn opposed Kinnock, Smith and Blair. His vision for the Labour Party was rooted in the early 1980’s far more than it was anything else. That’s undeniable.

And the fact is in the 80’s the way people like Corbyn reacted to the modernisation of the party is identical to how his supporters and the extremist media reacts now. Witch hunts. Campaign to prevent witch hunts. It’s all so familiar.

It’s basically identical.

1 per cent change is just 'noise' isnt it? Especially given its still an 8 point lead and is something daft like 34 points up on when he started.
Thank you for proving my point

But that’s not true either. Corbyn opposed the expulsion of militants and in fact convened ‘defeat the witch hunt’ meetings to stop militants being expelled. And that was before he was even an MP.

Corbyn opposed Kinnock, Smith and Blair. His vision for the Labour Party was rooted in the early 1980’s far more than it was anything else. That’s undeniable.

And the fact is in the 80’s the way people like Corbyn reacted to the modernisation of the party is identical to how his supporters and the extremist media reacts now. Witch hunts. Campaign to prevent witch hunts. It’s all so familiar.

And in my neck of the woods it is expelled Militants who rejoined the party in the Corbyn years. The same militants who were responsible for my redundancy notice being thrown over my school walls, causing me no not be paid for four months. Thats the sort of experience that colours ones views of the left and those they promote.

He has never disrupted the labour party conference, nor did he do his best to disrupt it, nor did he stop Kinnock becoming PM either.

He's a social democrat.

Last edited:
Just imagine how much Labour would have dropped in the polls if the NEC had voted to restore the whip to Corbyn yesterday! thank god they didn't.

Kantar is the only poll which hasn't given the Tories a bounce due to the lifting of covid restrictions. Its worth noting too that Kantar have no won't vote/don't know option.

Well hardly without comment :rotfl:

Another new poll

Cummings bang on the money

But I hope the Tories keep Bo Jo for as long as possible before then unleashing Truss on us.

In the data for Ipsosmori it lists 17% of those who voted Tory in 2019 now saying they would vote Labour, I can't remember which one it was but another had it at 13% in a previous one

So huge numbers of people who voted Tory in 2019 are now back supporting Labour.

Trends are becoming a pattern. Tradition Labour voters returning home?

Edit, don't see the point in adding a new post. Sky have just said a Survation poll has 71% of people saying Boris needs to resign if the police find he broke the law.

Last edited:
Westminster Voting Intention
LAB: 40% (-3)
CON: 35% (+2)
LDM: 10% (=)
GRN: 3% (=)
Via @Survation On 18-25 January, Changes w/ 14-17 January.

Complete the sentence... If labour gains in the polls it's because of Starmer's policies... if Labour slip in the polls it's because of.....??????

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom