Political Non-entities (particularly front benchers)

scarty16

Yes but as I said it has to be comparative.
Just checked
1649075371513.png

1649075397038.png

1649075495019.png

I think if you look at the follower numbers (comparative enough?), she is less well known than a lot of Labour MPs, and Larry the Cat (meow).

krish

Distinguished Member
I think if you look at the follower numbers (comparative enough?), she is less well known than a lot of Labour MPs, and Larry the Cat (meow).
I need to borrow that fish off Graham Chapman ... no got that wrong he didn't have the fish, it was Palin to Cleese with the fish slap dance, and then Chapman's Colonel appears.

Last edited:

Heathens

I need to borrow that fish off Graham Chapman ... no got that wrong he didn't have the fish, it was Palin to Cleese with the fish slap dance, and then Chapman's Colonel appears.
Not Sarah hopefully!? (Yes, I know you meant Michael).

breadandcircuses

Distinguished Member
Not Sarah hopefully!? (Yes, I know you meant Michael).
She could do with a slap around the fizgog with a wet fish, hard and often. She has been endorsed today by Chump, as she is looking for election again. As if they do not have enough lunatics to contend with over there, namely in the GOP. Judging by her recent performance on tv she is still bat***t crazy, possibly even more so. So of course she is lauded by the desperate cheeto.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I have no idea what the government does on a day to day basis, not that interested to be honest.

But you at least you proved my point here on AVF. :)

Yet here you are starting political threads in the politics section of an AV forum. On politicians you consider non-entities, when you're "not that interested" in what the actual government does.

I mean I always knew you were a troll, but it's good to have it confirmed by yourself for all the newbies :)

breadandcircuses

Distinguished Member
Yet here you are starting political threads in the politics section of an AV forum. On politicians you consider non-entities, when you're "not that interested" in what the actual government does.

I mean I always knew you were a troll, but it's good to have it confirmed by yourself for all the newbies :)
It sounds like the Rittenhouse defence. He was not particularly political either :rolleyes:.

scarty16

I was trying to find out if anyone else thought she was a non-entity as well, or if there was anyone else who fell into the same bucket.

I guess asking questions of Labour is not allowed in here. It is a zero non-labour tolerance zone.

Judge Mental

I was trying to find out if anyone else thought she was a non-entity as well, or if there was anyone else who fell into the same bucket.

I guess asking questions of Labour is not allowed in here. It is a zero non-labour tolerance zone.
Oh no you don’t. Don‘t pretend you can’t ask a question simply because you did so and didn’t like the answer.

You said you thought she was a nonentity. Some challenged that view. Isn’t that what a forum is for?

scarty16

Oh no you don’t. Don‘t pretend you can’t ask a question simply because you did so and didn’t like the answer.

You said you thought she was a nonentity. Some challenged that view. Isn’t that what a forum is for?
The answer I was given was basically, you are wrong, you are a tory, you are a troll.

It was a genuine inquiry, and I was basically assaulted by the Lefty lynch mob, as they do to everyone that they disagree with.

I think once I had identified that Larry the Cat was more widely followed than the Shadow Chancellor I had my answer.

FYI - your username is very well chosen.

Heathens

She could do with a slap around the fizgog with a wet fish, hard and often. She has been endorsed today by Chump, as she is looking for election again. As if they do not have enough lunatics to contend with over there, namely in the GOP. Judging by her recent performance on tv she is still bat***t crazy, possibly even more so. So of course she is lauded by the desperate cheeto.
Yeah, that's what prompted me to make the comment.

breadandcircuses

Distinguished Member
The answer I was given was basically, you are wrong, you are a tory, you are a troll.

It was a genuine inquiry, and I was basically assaulted by the Lefty lynch mob, as they do to everyone that they disagree with.

I think once I had identified that Larry the Cat was more widely followed than the Shadow Chancellor I had my answer.

You might have found that out before asking the loaded question if you were genuinely looking for answers.

Judge Mental

Thank you, I’ll take that as a compliment. It’s an acknowledgment of my own biases and prejudices because I’m human.

A robust challenge is not an assault or a lynching. You need to toughen up a bit. I tried to explain to you why I thought she wasn’t as prominently known as some of the others you named. But I found the term nonentity dismissive because it’s suggesting that level of ‘fame’ is equivalent to level of importance/competence

breadandcircuses

Distinguished Member
I don't really use Twitter, I am not 12 years old. But Kish's comment made me think to check it.
I don't use twitter either. But I'm just saying that your question was loaded, and that you could just do your research on the internet if you really wanted to know. You claim your "red" mum hadn't heard of her. Maybe she hadn't, but I think those who follow politics generally would have heard of her, more so than Sunak.

scarty16

Thank you, I’ll take that as a compliment. It’s an acknowledgment of my own biases and prejudices because I’m human.

A robust challenge is not an assault or a lynching. You need to toughen up a bit. I tried to explain to you why I thought she wasn’t as prominently known as some of the others you named. But I found the term nonentity dismissive because it’s suggesting that level of ‘fame’ is equivalent to level of importance/competence
A robust challenge is not an assault or a lynching. - It is when multiple people join in, there about 5 or 6 of you on the left side of the political spectrum that stifle all debate in this forum.

Judge Mental

A robust challenge is not an assault or a lynching. - It is when multiple people join in, there about 5 or 6 of you on the left side of the political spectrum that stifle all debate in this forum.
It’s not about ‘joining in’. That’s a rather juvenile characterisation. If you are finding that you are in a minority of one on a particular viewpoint maybe consider whether the problem is with your view or the five or six others that disagree and explain why.

Have you never heard the riposte ‘just me then?’

Nobody is attacking you personally, just dissecting your argument. There’s a difference.

scarty16

It’s not about ‘joining in’. That’s a rather juvenile characterisation. If you are finding that you are in a minority of one on a particular viewpoint maybe consider whether the problem is with your view or the five or six others that disagree and explain why.

Have you never heard the riposte ‘just me then?’

Nobody is attacking you personally, just dissecting your argument. There’s a difference.
I was described as a troll, is that not personal?

Boo Radley75

Distinguished Member
Comparing who's got the most followers on twitter to see how credible a politician they are? Is this the politics forum or a forum for 13 year old fans of boy bands?

rod-serling-welcome-to-the-twilight-zone.gif

richp007

Distinguished Member

Can you point me to you ever complaining about the members of the right side of this forum who used to stifle all debate? You've been here long enough so I don't need to remind you who they were.

Otherwise this is just more right wing sour grapes that some of us have seen countless times when an argument starts to flounder.

scarty16

Can you point me to you ever complaining about the members of the right side of this forum who used to stifle all debate? You've been here long enough so I don't need to remind you who they were.

Otherwise this is just more right wing sour grapes that some of us have seen countless times when an argument starts to flounder.
It wasn't an argument it was a question?

richp007

Distinguished Member
It wasn't an argument it was a question?

I was replying to this -

That wasn't a question it was a statement. That I was responding to.

This constant complaining about the other side is sadly a sign of the times. No-one stifles the debate, it's just some aren't up to it. So as above they end up cancelling themselves. That takes the form here of either getting banned, or asking for your account to be deleted.

I can remember days in the past when I'd be posting alone and challenged by 5 or 6 Brexit/Tory voters. Yet I'm still here.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Rotel announces 60th Anniversary Diamond Series Hi-Fi duo
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Paramount+ launches in the UK and Ireland
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Hisense launches A9H 4K OLED TV