1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polite request

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AV nutter, Nov 15, 2003.

1. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guy i have just been given a 7x7ft pull down screen problem i have is my pj is12ft1inch from the sreen can i bring the picture in to that throw its in poss to move pj as it bolted on a bracket on my back wall would love to bolt to ceiling but gose from 13ft6 to8ft slopping any advice most welcome.mike

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    We discussed this type of situation when we last spoke on the phone. The advice hasn't changed...

You can reduce the picture size on the projector without moving the projector but it will have two bad side effects:

1 - you'll lose a little brightness from the image, so to compensate you will be tempted to increase the contrast.

2 - Increasing the contrast will make the tubes wear faster. Eventually you will end up with a worn patch on the tube face equivalent to the reduced screen size. If ever you decide to go back to the correct screen size you will see a step in brightness where there is a difference in the tube wear.

To get the full benefit of using a smaller screen size you really need to move the projector forward. Only this way will you see an improvement in picture brightness. If I were you I would either stay with the original screen or consider moving the projector forward. However, it is your projector so you might decide otherwise. Good luck.

Regards

3. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks chris i rembered after i had posted you gave so much info on phone that i was more intrested in getting a picture than the size oh well looks like somone got them selves a screen free to a good home must collect from london e16 1ub.mike

4. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SCREEN GONE TO A GOOD HOME.Mike