Polite Request Please

A

AV nutter

Hi guys have 3803 been reading manual and it tell me it up convert but to what i like to put my sky box into it and dvd box whitch then gose to CRT projector i bought a line doubler for the projector will i not need to if you the componet out on amp ty.mike

Hi Mike

The 3803 will upconvert from Composite or S-Video to Component. It won't do anything else to the signal though whereas a line doubler would de-interlace the signal as well as convert it (usually). You'll probably find it best to run everything via the line doubler.

Hi sorry still confused so what is the resolotion coming out of the amp from componet 420i 420p there must a way of telling.mike

The Amp doesn't have scaling or de-interlacing so the output resolution will always be the same as the one you input. e.g 576i in, 576i out.

Hi please forgive me sowhat thick if the amp up covert signal fron s to componet then the compnet out must have a res surely yes no.mike

Hi Mike,

This can be quite misleading. The 3803 simply converts the signal from one form to another, rather than upscaling as many DVD players, and some amps now do. All signals will be output as the same resolution as they are input, the only difference being that the amp allows you to have a single component connection to you projector. So 576i/480i input on composite or S-video, will output the same via component.

I owned a Denon 3802 for many years before recently upgrading to the 3806 and on that model it was necessary to run two connection to the projector, one for component, and a second for S-video.

For your setup, I would use the Denon to switch sources, and then run them to the projector via the line doubler, this would then allow you to use the doubler to optimise all sources.

Hope this helps

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom