Police Story 2 Blu-ray Review & Comments

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Had my dispatched email.

encaser

Thanks for the review, Cas. It's furthered my anticipation of the discs.
I'm trying to recall if it was this one in which it's Maggie who ran into a metal pole with her head?! I remember seeing an outtake on Film?? with Barry Norman, wincing and being subjected to one of his usual quips.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Thanks for the review, Cas. It's furthered my anticipation of the discs.
I'm trying to recall if it was this one in which it's Maggie who ran into a metal pole with her head?! I remember seeing an outtake on Film?? with Barry Norman, wincing and being subjected to one of his usual quips.
Yup pretty much, it’s in the outtakes.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Not quite.
She's
running through a row of metal square 'arches' and the bad guy pushes them down behind her (falling domino style). She's supposed to make it out of the other end, with them all falling behind her, before it reaches her, but on one of the takes she wasn't fast enough and one arch hit her on the head.
They still use one of the 'good' takes in the film.

Graham

The Police Story 1 & 2 Eureka box set is 19.97 on eBay until 20.00 from music Magpie if you use the code PIGGYBANK.

Cheers

Diagnosticz

Great work Cas. I used to re run police story 1-2 in probably 420p on my dvds over and over, So to see these remastered is a huge step-up in quality and a master audio soundtrack cant wait to watch these

Last edited:

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Great work Cas. I used to re run police story 1-2 in probably 420p on my dvds over and over, So to see these remastered is a huge step-up in quality and a master audio soundtrack cant wait to watch these
420p dvds?

:confused::laugh:

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Whatever resolution they where in cant remember i think it was 480p actually
Yeah, it'll be 480i/p if it was an NTSC/American release, 576i/p if it was PAL/UK.

Andy mo

Novice Member
Got this set...nobody has mentioned that the ace music during the playground fight is now missing on the remaster. :-(

bushell44

@hippo99 As soon as I asked the question I had seen the Police story thread further up the page, quickly deleted my question but I see I didn't delete quick enough lol, sorry