police sirens don't work

happyhiker

Is any one else having a problem making the sirens in the Police Cars work Properly. Spoiler <spoiler>On the crime and punishment mission, I steal a police car, sirens working, pull over the first van, then when I get back inthe car the sirens are off. I hit L3 and the horn sounds but the sirens don't come back on again. The only way round it is to steal another police car, by which time I've failed the mission.</spoiler> Am I doing something wrong? Is it because the poice car is a bit beat up ?

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
It's like anything you break it it doesn't work, try not to crash the car to much.

patrober

I had the same problem - i found if you tap L3 it toots the horn, if you keep it pressed it toggles the siren.

P

happyhiker

Ahh Hold L3, Genius ! Thanks for that, I'll try it again tonight. See I knew there was a reason I posted on Forums :D

This games is awesome, but Tap L3, Hold L3, etc. the controls do get a bit complicated...

winstano

I had the same problem - i found if you tap L3 it toots the horn, if you keep it pressed it toggles the siren.

P
Other way round isn't it?

happyhiker

ha ha, well after sitting in a pristine cop car beeping the horn for five minutes whilst NPC walk by saying 'what his problem' etc I can definately confirm, its quick tap for sirens, slightly less quick for horn. why R* felt the need to have a horn in a cop car is beyond me, I've got a siren why do I need a horn ?

Anyway, thanks, thought I was going to have to resort to new cop car and a cheat for each van to finish the mission but I've done it first time once I got the siren working.:D

cjpaul

Novice Member
Actually, very good point...never thought of that - why do Police cars have horns when they have sirens?

Assume Police cars do have car horns but I don't know as I haven't been in one yet, but going by those media types who think we're all getting corrupted by such video games it's bound to be only a matter of time before I get a spin in one of them same paddy wagons!

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Anyone noticed when driving along with sirens blaring, the horn is that other noise cop car sirens make (can't really describe it but give it a go)

m4rkie23

Novice Member
you mean the normal siren is something like:

woooooouuuuuuweeeeeoooooouuuuwwwwweeeoooouuuu

and the sound when you hold down L3 is more like

ne nor ne nor ne nor ne nor