Police brutality or not as the case may be

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
BBC interview wheelchair user and cerebal palsy sufferer Jody McIntryre after he was dragged from his wheelchair by police on two seperate occasions at the anti-tuition fees protest on the 9th December 2010 in London. The presenter is Ben Brown. I apologise for some glitches in the video, this is because of a bad signal and dodgy aerial cable.

YouTube - BBC Jody McIntyre interview

Miyazaki

Couldn't they have just wheel-clamped him? Really extreme police behaviour IMO.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Always 2 sides to any story.
I agree. I don't want to apologise for the police and I feel that their behaviour needs constant scrutiny but this guy, wheelchair or not- was behaving like an arse.

guest5234

He was acting like a knob and deserved everthing he got, should take his wheelchair away for a week as punisment.

IronGiant

I thought it odd in the interview when he said one of the officers recognised him...

HMHB

Distinguished Member
He's just after the publicity, total **** spanner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Weasel

Good to see the police didn't discriminate against him, despite his disablilty.

bodoman

Yep, the police are certainly at it again, Two of them stabbed this afternoon one in a serious condition:(

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
we discussed this in the democracy thread.

hes got a blatant agenda i watched him live on the news and he kept straying off the subject and wouldnt give them a straight answer.

i have a close relative whos unfotunately disabled, and he like the caller who rang up part way through the interview, he cant cry foul and use disability to get more sympathy. Theres always 2 sides to a story and im sure the police wouldnt of acted out of line,

they are so closely scrutinised for anything they do they would be extremely foolish if they acted untoward to him.

i wouldnt be surprised if they instruct the police to stand there and just get beaten the way this country is going

vader100

The police are so bound up by red tape it's a wonder any work gets done. Then to make it even harder idiots like this come along. I wonder if he is the same guy as in my local supermarket who just bashes his chair into your trolley if you are in the way of where he wants to go without even saying "excuse me"?

Steven

Senior Moderator
Of course there is always two sides to every story, just that the media attract more readers with headlines alleging police brutality. For the same reason if the media wronged someone on the front page, the apology will be printed on page 37

Miyazaki

Nice guy then :rolleyes:
Of course he is joking. That'd be like saying someone with AIDS should have their medicine taken away if they break the law....

PJTX100

Proof, if proof was needed, that being wheel-chair bound does not make you immune to being a complete tool.

Thug

Distinguished Member
Some police have video capabilities that attach to their stabproof vests.
Its about time that this was common place in these situations, to protect both the public and the police.

Davieboy00

First saw this footage on Sky which they quickly followed by footage taken earlier of him out of his wheelchair , walking ( aided by railings , I must add ) and police officers trying to get him back in his chair and asking his brother to help keep him safe. The only concern they had was his safety. No mention of that on their report or in the interview.
Odd that BBC never showed that footage ( unless they did later )

He says in his interview that he regards himself as equal to anyone else.
In that case , Jody - an open comment to you. Just in case you frequent AVF :rolleyes:

Irresepective of your cerebral palsy.
Irrespective of you being a wheelchair user.

You are a total and utter cock - now sod off !!!!

guest5234

I think he was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that your stupid post above was in jest.Sadly he was mistaken.
Perhaps you should read through the thread again, he knows I have HIV but has suddenly elevated it to Aids, as I say.. idiot.

p.s if someone thinks I was serious when I said his wheelchair should be confiscated for a week.....well...need I say more.

Last edited:

Trending threads

Latest news

BritBox adds Channel 5 and Comedy Central to roster
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 23rd Sept - Spears and Munsil
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published