Poker - xbox live arcade

synnea

Novice Member
Hi All,

Im looking forward to Texas Holdem poker but does anyone know if we will be able to play for a gamble our gamerpoints???? :thumbsup:

RidleyDeckard

I very much doubt it!!!! I can just hear the complaints to the Daily Mail already about M$ allows kids to gamble ;)

synnea

Novice Member
Surely they can enable an age restriction? I mean it would make all the difference if a few pennies were involved. But yeah - i see your point for sure.

NackNack

Banned
My brother used my mum's debit card to register his original Xbox Live, as did I, and it carried over to the 360 with no way to delete it. So no, there's no real safe way to ensure that kids aren't gambling. They'd have to stop selling the 360 as a whole to kids, or not have done it in the first place.

Tufty McTavish

Novice Member
Just a 'virtual bankroll' as far as I'm aware? So you can lose it all in absolute safety. But does having a large wad allow you entry into higher level tournaments or something?

synnea

Novice Member
OK will then if its like an in game gamerscore etc then that will make it interesting. Maybe we will all start out with like 1000 virtual credits or something and then winnings/losings change accordingly? A realtime rank I guess based on game performance.

Bilbob

they could easily allow 'live top-ups'.... add to your account in game, same as they do on pc poker games...yes, it would still be possible to use mum and dads card, but just as possible as it is on pc's...

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
It would be good if you could actually gamble real cash. If you played with the camera's as well then you could have some quality Poker nights.

I can see it though - you wake up with a splitting headache and an empty bottle of Jack beside you, 360 controller still in hand. You check your emails and get 50 XBox Live points purchased emails :eek: :eek: :eek:. You check your balance and it says 40 points :rotfl:. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

It could become very expensive indeed!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to this as I've always wanted to learn how to play Texas Hold'em properly. Doubt they'll allow real cash to gamble though, I can just hear the outcry already if they did!

Tufty McTavish

Novice Member
Just something attached to your gamertag, as a virtual bank-roll. I'm sure I've heard that mentioned somewhere before but I'm boogered if I can remember where.

Bilbob

CAS FAN said:
I can see it though - you wake up with a splitting headache and an empty bottle of Jack beside you, 360 controller still in hand. You check your emails and get 50 XBox Live points purchased emails :eek: :eek: :eek:. You check your balance and it says 40 points :rotfl:. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
:rotfl:

Unfortunately, I can see this being a little too close to the truth....:D

NackNack

Banned
Bilbob said:
they could easily allow 'live top-ups'.... add to your account in game, same as they do on pc poker games...yes, it would still be possible to use mum and dads card, but just as possible as it is on pc's...
You appear to be ignoring the point... my brother and I already have card details of my mother saved on the system from authorising Live on the original Xbox.

PCs have specific software with Verified by VISA or Barclays or something on it.

Bilbob

And you my dear sir, appear ot have missed the point of what I was saying... You are infering that I was suggesting gambling the points you have on marketplace... I wasn't, I was suggesting, that as it is a standalone game, there is nothing to stop them doing a seperate account system, tied to the game. If your parents are careless or trusting enough to allow unfettered access to their credit cards, then who's fault is that? Like I said, it's just as easy to do with a PC poker game...

NackNack

Banned
It's my parent's fault for being kind and trusting enough for me to play on Live? Wow. I never said I'd be taking money from my mum's account, but that could happen.