Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow 3DS

Shanew1705

So after posting elsewhere that I wish they would release a Pokemon game with just the original 150 Pokemon, I was then told Nintendo are re-releasing Red/Blue/Yellow at the end of this month for the 3DS

Though I'd post it on here as I hadn't seen anything, can't wait to re-play these games loved them as I was growing up, never expected them to bring them out again

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
There are some nice-looking 2DS systems launching alongside them too. My sister's getting my nieces and nephews one each. Hopefully I'll have a new generation of Pokemon lovers in the family to start battling with :D

"What's that? You want to take on my Level 89 Charizard with your Level 18 Ivysaur? Oh go on then..."

Tooms

I never owned them as they came out when I moved to America to work for a year, and I played Red the whole way through. Keep wondering if that person still has the cart so I can get my Charizard back !!!

Shanew1705

I'd love it if they brought out the Red/Blue 3DS plates out separately but don't think they will. Or not initially anyway else nobody will buy the console they come with

Sad that I'm pretty much counting down these days now haha

Foster

Distinguished Member
Many hours were spent playing pokemon 1st gen.

Tooms

A lot. I would really like a New 3DS, starting to look more and more likely.

Maybe it is sad that I am considering buying a New 3DS for such an old game ....

Shanew1705

I'm sure come the 27th many many more hours will be lose too

I'd like to get one myself just for those cover plates as well, can't justify it though sadly

Miss Mandy

I'm so happy with this news, I really can't wait. If there are some goods bundles out with one of the games and the new 3DS XL I'll seriously look at upgrading my console too.

Miss Mandy

So after a bit more reading around it seems that a new 3DS XL bundle is unlikely as these are only being released on the eShop for £8.99 each. There are cool looking 2DS bundles coming, but not 3DS.

Foster

Distinguished Member
The nostalgia.

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
I'm getting Yellow - had Blue and Red back in the day, but I can't resist playing through with my very own Pikachu from the start!

Have Nintendo confirmed if these can be traded to the 3DS games?

Foster

Distinguished Member
Yellow ftw

Shanew1705

I had Red and Blue however I have played yellow previously too
Not sure which I will go for

Miss Mandy

I can't believe how hard it is to chose a colour! I had blue and then yellow originally so do I go for one of those or get red as I've not played that one before?

Shanew1705

I can't believe how hard it is to chose a colour! I had blue and then yellow originally so do I go for one of those or get red as I've not played that one before?
All 3? :D

Shanew1705

On the store now £8.99

Shanew1705

I had Red and Blue as a kid, think I'll get Yellow this time having never had it before

Foster

Distinguished Member
So I got Yellow, i've played it for quite a bit tonight, I cant remember where to go at all lol.

Shanew1705

So I got Yellow, i've played it for quite a bit tonight, I cant remember where to go at all lol.
Not got round to buying it yet, how does it perform and look on a 3DS?

Foster

Distinguished Member
Not got round to buying it yet, how does it perform and look on a 3DS?
It performs really well, looks wise it is 16 years old so it isn't much better.

Foster

Distinguished Member
I won against a trainer earlier by running out of PP as I couldn't do any damage to geodude but he was missing every attack lol.

Shanew1705

Did you play online against someone?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature