Pokemon Go

As Mr Sossidge has discovered :thumbsup:, Stuart has created a sub-forum in anticipation of the interest that we expect the subject will attract. Want to start the ball rolling @Solomon Grundy ? :D

Well it doesn't hurt to try this out for fun now it's launched in the UK.

Use this thread for general discussion, as per other areas. With time there'll be play and help threads etc.

Not done much myself, mostly sat at my desk, but caught a good load already having barely moved much :)

Apart from the road being blocked round the corner from my warehouse as students congregate at an old memorial to some lost trawlermen...not much else to say about it. I'm currently only a level 3 trainer though so what do i know.

in Glasgow this morning - loads of pokestops etc - got my first eggs. Only started yesterday playing at lunchtime yesterday.

Is it wrong that my 8 year old son looked at me a bit strange this morning when I said we had to run to catch a pokemon about 100 yards away???

Looks like it's been an instant success over night - share prices up for Nintendo and the game itself more popular than twitter lol

Might dabble but never really got into Pokemon games tbh.

My son created an Australian Apple ID so he could DL it.

Apparently Nintendo shares have gone up $11B since its release.

caught a Pidgey on my lunch break and a Weedle around the office.. my partner is going to love this since it's making me want to go outside walking.

How do you get Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander and Pickachu onto a bus?

Pokemon.

Aah I see my carriage is here. I shall get my cape and depart.

Pokemon Go unleashed in the UK - Pokemon Go unleashed in the UK - BBC News

"At the beginning of the game, you'll be offered a choice of Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle - the three starter Pokemon offered in the first Pokemon games. However,if you ignore the choice and walk away from the Pokemon, you'll get the chance to catch Pikachu instead."

I've got Pisgey, Rattata, Zubat, Slowbro, Kakuna, Drowzee, Abra, Metapod and Charmander.

Loads of dupes, but given them to the professor for candy.

Yeah I didn't read about getting Pikachu, but not a killer :)

I've seen this being talked about but have absolutely no idea what it's about.

A 12 year old just explained it to me. It's basically designed to have everyone killed by moving vehicles for not looking where they're going

clint.jpg

Doesn't play well with IOS 10 if you've upgraded etc...

Only heard about this the other day when they were discussing it on the radio.
A woman called in saying how she had to go and find her child who had wandered 6 mile from home chasing Pokemon.
Someone else phoned in to say he and his friends had booked a trip to New York, just to go Pokemon hunting.

I asked my kids about it and my youngest asked if we could move house because apparently it's boring living in the country as there's not enough Pokemon to find!

Only heard about this the other day when they were discussing it on the radio.
A woman called in saying how she had to go and find her child who had wandered 6 mile from home chasing Pokemon.
Someone else phoned in to say he and his friends had booked a trip to New York, just to go Pokemon hunting.

I asked my kids about it and my youngest asked if we could move house because apparently it's boring living in the country as there's not enough Pokemon to find!

Just google GPS Spoofing. Catch all the Pokemon without leaving your house.

I miss the good old days when games took 2 days to load and the most you'd move is a couple of thumbs.

I miss the good old days when games took 2 days to load and the most you'd move is a couple of thumbs.
Good old days, like when you had to turn the volume up or down on a Spectrum......

Careful with this. Could likely get a warning or banned. I've believe they've started banning people for 1 hour periods at the moment, but guess this could increase the more people offend.

At least if you're going to do it be subtle, don't be jumping from one city/country to another within minutes.

Its bad enough dodging ****holes meandering all over the pavement gawping at phones as it is these days. Might have to invest in either an airhorn or baseball bat.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom