Pointless Things

FlagshipDevice

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had a quick scan around, couldn't find a similar thread. Not sure if that bodes well or not to be honest. Time will tell. Mods - if there is one then please slap one of them there padlocks on this one.

The title says it all. What things do you find pointless?! I'll start the ball rolling...

Mild Chilli Powder. Personally I just don't get that at all. You may disagree and that's fine, but please, let's not start a lengthy discussion on the point(lessness) of mild chilli powder. Our lives, they're too short. So...

What things do you find pointless?!

Disclaimer - no prize shall be awarded to the first person to answer, 'This thread.' That would be a pointless response.

Plenty of reasons why I wouldn't want a phone for a Mp3 player..

1) Dedicated OS no need to go into media player
2) Superior sound quality and headphone amplifier
3) Longer battery life- no LCD screen, or 3G antenna
4) Smaller, no need for a large touchscreen display for a mp3 player
5) Connectivity, more storage
6) File playback more codecs, and replygain, and gapless.

Mild chilli powder (presum. you're talking about the 'blend' ones with oregano, salt, sugar, paprika, pepper etc added) is very handy for making chilli-non-carne for kiddies and also for making proper spicy ones for non-kiddies. Unless you know of a good way of extracting just the chilli grinds from a blend; it's far easier to use one of those and add ground chilli powder in :smashin:

Automatic parallel parking on modern cars. I got it as standard on my new car and it can only park in massive spaces on completely straight roads that even the most challenged driver could get in, and even then it's taxi to the kerb time when its finished.

Are we allowed to write a very long lists of Z list 'celebrities''? or the Hollyoak, Made in Chelsea type programs they appear in?

I regard trying to understand female logic as a pointless thing. Then again, I'm sure it works both ways!

It's a thread about pointless things, not imaginary things :laugh:

Wooden hot drink stirrers that are about 5mm wide and 1mm thick. The drink is only being stirred effectively for less than 50% of the time that you are stirring. I tend to use a straw to stir my coffee at Mcdonalds, as the drink is being stirred 100% of the time that I am stirring. God, I've put too much thought into stirring a brew haven't I!?

Traffic lights at crossroads that don't allow everyone to turn left at the same time. If everyone turned left, cars would never meet/ crash. I believe that this system is employed in the U.S, (at junctions, if you are on a red light, you can turn right).

saying mild chili powder is pointless, well that is like saying we must all like the same thing. So OP, your post is pointless ;)

Indicators on a BMW.

my laptop... that can only be used when plugged in.

According to my work colleagues, my old trusty Nokia is pointless.

Scented dog poo bags.

my laptop... that can only be used when plugged in

Stubborn intransigence to get a new laptop battery and then decrying the consequences is hardly pointful :)

saying mild chili powder is pointless, well that is like saying we must all like the same thing. So OP, your post is pointless ;)

Scented dog poo bags.
Who is going to want to sniff a full bag?

Most kitchen gadgets. ice cream maker, bread maker, coffee machines. etc, etc. I was given a battery powered salt and pepper mill last Xmas which also had lights on. Most of these things are used a couple of times and get put away never to be seen again. This is just IMO.

Overhead gantry signs on motorways:

I've often driven along, squinting through the fog, or road spray at a sign that says

'DANGER FOG SLOW DOWN"

Or

'WARNING SPRAY ON ROAD'

No shit Sherlock!!!

I hate the "delays expected" signs... I always seem to see them when i've been sat in an endless traffic jam for the last 3 hours...

i find two phrases pointless:

"That is health and safety gone mad!" - when it is not meant ironically.

"This whole PC thing is why Britain has gone to the dogs!"

Just two of lives little pointless things that make me roll my eyes...

A part from that I cannot think of anything (whimsical) that is pointless.

Dirty bugger.
not sure if that is a response to above comment, or if it's a suggestion for something pointless in which case I think some people may disagree with you.

I hate the "delays expected" signs... I always seem to see them when i've been sat in an endless traffic jam for the last 3 hours...
Or " Queue Caution" So shall I slow down from 1mph just in case :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom