• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Point and Click me in the right direction!

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
So i've been getting right back into my point and click style adventure games again, always used to be a favourite of mine since the old sierra days. I've pestered a few people in the general chat thread but figured something a bit more dedicated to list some of the best around would be worthwhile, hopefully some other fans can give me some decent suggestions.

On the recommendations of others here I have played the Dark eye series, really enjoyed Satinav and Memoria, very good stories. Finished the Erica Reed saga and the blackwell saga, some entertaining pieces there. Also managed Gemini Rue which got very good reviews and whilst entertaining i'm not sure it was quite as good as made out to be.

Right now I am working on The Whispered World, a lovely little game but i'm looking for other ideas too, anything in recent years I might have missed?

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
@Sam Crow I did look at Kentucky route zero and broken age, dunno why I didnt pick them up actually so must go back and take another look

@Chox1988 I have part one of Broken Sword 5 on my iPhone and just awaiting part two to be released for it, machinarium looks interesting too

I think one thing to note is that I am after the more serious storyline ones rather than the humourous ones. Don't get me wrong, the likes of monkey island, grim fandango and such are amongst the best I have played but i'm more feeling like the serious ones :)

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Played walking dead but didn't really get into it fully, may go back and try again but I'm not really into the whole zombie thing :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom