"Point and Click" for my wife.

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by craynerd, Nov 27, 2010.

1. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello, sorry, I understand this probably isn`t your usual question on here regarding high quality cameras but I have a 2 y/o daughter and I find with working so much, I`m not taking as many pictures as I`d like to with my big Canon and my wife won`t use it, apparently too big and too complicated (despite being point and click when on auto)

I`m really after something that my wife can "throw" in her handbag and take some decent snaps and short video clips while she is out and about with our daughter.

It would be easy to just buy any of the cheaper models but sadly we do want a decent picture from it. My mum baught a cheapo "pink" camera a few months back and the pictures are so terrible indoors (is that due to light?) that it is not worth having.

So any suggestions. My wife is a girly girl and would like pink but that isn`t necessary, I`d rather her sulk that it is standard black but get some decent shots from it. I appreciate for the price I`m not going to get anything brilliant but also going to playgroup, shopping and one thing and another, I don`t dare spend an aweful lot on it incase it gets broke or lost! No doubt the kids will get hold of it as well!

Any advice appreciated. Is it just a case of pic a sub £100 camera and take my chances or are there a few decent ones out there?

Appreciate any advice.
    Chris

2. ziplex

ziplex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    My daughter has a Sony Cybershot 12.1 MP, she bought a Nikon Coolpix originally but the images were very soft so we took it back, (and proved to the numpty in Currys with the help of a shot in store/download to laptop that it wasn't good). The Sony has been brilliant for her, she's used it for over 12 months where it hasn't led a charmed life and still works as it did when new, it has some nice features like slideshow etc.........lovely quality pic's too. We've just bought a Samsung PL100 as a gift for someone for xmas and that looks a nice camera too for around the magic £100 mark, (nice build quality)....it's quite good fun looking at the forward facing screen:smashin:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  3. Simon3119

Simon3119

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    I just point and click at my wife and she goes there........

.........Canon IXUS 105 Digital Camera - Pink (12.1 MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.7 Inch PureColor LCD from Amazon at £99 from £189.

We have had an IXUS for the last 6 years (normally replace it every two when I get the urge) and I think they are great and there are some reviews if you google for it.

4. shotokan101

shotokan101
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,575
    I know it's a bit more than your curent budget but Argos have the cracking Samsung WB600 at £130 at the moment - well worth a look :)

JIm