POE Doorbell camera?

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
Is that just the reolink App or a different one ?
Some NVrs can add camera via other methods than Onvif but that will be very hit and miss

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
My advice is get the hikvision if you don’t like it send it back and then go into the joys of trialling different cameras

imr4n

Standard Member
My advice is get the hikvision if you don’t like it send it back and then go into the joys of trialling different cameras

I was just thinking something similar!

Its a shame about the size as it feels abit big. The reason I say this as I only have a small porch and where the doorbell currently is, its a small area.

Do you get a chime with it or is that seperate?

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
Just a thought the reolink app won’t work as a remote door bell app for a third party camera . You’ll need the original app for that to answer on your phone

imr4n

Standard Member
Just a thought the reolink app won’t work as a remote door bell app for a third party camera . You’ll need the original app for that to answer on your phone

Yes I thought so.

But I am thinking to getting something like this which has its seperate chime - Amazon product
So when the bell rings, I can open the Reolink app and see the live video.

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
But no two way chat that the product app would give you

I’m a bit lost now as you seem to be wanting to combine two incompatible products for no reason and lose functionally

imr4n

Standard Member
But no two way chat that the product app would give you

I’m a bit lost now as you seem to be wanting to combine two incompatible products for no reason and lose functionally

Im not too interested in the two way chat. For me it is about knowing who is at the door and having camera recording.

oneman

Very few doorbells that rely solely on a cloud service, Eufy, Ring, Nest etc will not be ONVIF compliant, they have no need to be as they dont want people using them outside of their ecosystem paywall.

Companies that will be ONVIF compliant will be Hikvision and Doorbird. Funnily enough they are two of the few companies who sell POE Doorbells. If you flash the EZViz DB1 to Hik firmware it too is is ONVIF compliant.

Doorbird are mainly metal bodied. The D101S is polycarbonate.

Ring Elite is POE but again not ONVIF and its a PIA to install.
FYI, Eufy is no cloud based for recording, they make a big point of it. They have recording in their base station which I believe also handle notification and authentication so in theory should work even if your internet is down as long as the base station and phone are both on the same network.

Anyway, yesterday I showed the HikVision to the mrs and she did not like the look of it at all. Anyway the Eufy doorbell was on offer with the base station at Amazon and she liked the look of it so its been ordered. I still have a porch POE camera attached to my NVR which would have been moved elsewhere so basically I am going to end up double covering the area and will have to get another camera for where the porch one was going to go to.

One comment I have seen a couple of times is that there can be a short delay before recording starts and unlike continuous recording NVR it can't record a few seconds before motion is detected, not a problem for me but I'll post back how bad the problem it.

D

Deleted member 24354

My point was its an ecosysytem based platform that does not provide ONVIF or RTSP streams to third parties. You can split hairs on where it stores its data but it does not meet the OPs brief. Its also significantly more expensive than the EZViz DB1 and DB1C which both provide RTSP Streams, can work with NVRs.

Or you could look at Amazon product
Which actually meets all of the specs, works with a NVR, has an indoor station and is POE. And is about £20 more than the Eufy.

oneman

My point was its an ecosysytem based platform that does not provide ONVIF or RTSP streams to third parties. You can split hairs on where it stores its data but it does not meet the OPs brief. Its also significantly more expensive than the EZViz DB1 and DB1C which both provide RTSP Streams, can work with NVRs.

Or you could look at Amazon product
Which actually meets all of the specs, works with a NVR, has an indoor station and is POE. And is about £20 more than the Eufy.
Are you sure you are looking at the right pricing for Eufy ?

On Amazon,
EZViz DB1 is £85 + £60 for the chime
Eufy is £135 with chime or £145 with Homebase 2
The HikVision is £210

D

Deleted member 24354

Yes - Eufy Store £179 that is the RRP plus £40 for the chime

Video Doorbell 2K (Battery-Powered)

And the EzViz chime is £35 at almost every retailer. Its even £35 on Amazon

Amazon product
Its not really relevant. It doesnt meet the spec of what the OP wanted. He has suggestions that do, its up to him. Done with this thread.

Patni

Standard Member
Thanks @Seb Briggs and @mushii for the helpful tips. The Hikvision seems a great candidate for me. A slightly different question: is it possible to integrate the Ajax alarm system with this doorbell? If no, are there systems that offer this level of integration i.e. alarm , doorbell and cameras all in one app?

Apologies for riding on this thread…

Last edited:

oneman

The Eufy 2 doorbell is now installed and I have to say that compared to Ring 2 its way better. Picture quality, response time, range and of course local storage. It supports external power as well as standard though the built in battery is supposed to last 6 months before needing a 6 hour charge, standard micro USB port.

Just to explain, the doorbell does not use wifi to talk to the base station, it uses a propriety protocol which I am guessing still runs over 2.4GHz but it doesn't get a IP address. The range between base station and doorbell is pretty good so thick walls shouldn't make any difference. Advantage is even if your WiFi or internet fails then the doorbell and recording still work.

The base station has 16GB of storage which is enough for about 2 weeks recording at 2k with around 15 triggers per day. The base station does have a USB port and the plan is to support USB storage in the future to increase recording time. From there its the usual phone app, notification is virtually instant as is the chime.

Main thing is not CCTV, there is no continuous recording, there is no ONVIF, there is no way to get to the recordings to copy to NAS for example. It may support those in the future but according to their forum there is no plan to support any of those.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom