Podcasts show up in artist list?

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Had to reformat my ipod and load all my songs again, this prompted me to edit all the id3 tags so my music shows up perfectly in itunes and my ipod.

However when i start reloading my podcasts it starts showing the (untidy) podcast artists in the main artist list, this happened before but now my artist list is perfect it really annoys me everytime i scroll through.

Is there a way round this?

Can i rename all the podcast artist to "podcasts" so it all under one entry?

If i do start editing the podcast details will that cause problems updating new ones or will itunes edit them for me?

I know this is the most anal request ever but i want my list to be tidy :rolleyes:

Any ideas? Cheers :smashin:

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
But podcasts do have artist's tags :suicide:
I see your point they have artist information and so should show up, but if i want to listen to a podcast ill use the podcast menu, music menu should just be for music.

I wouldnt be that bothered but when the artist details contain the name of everyone on the podcast in a random format its irritating when ive spent ages sorting out the list perfectly.

I see your point they have artist information and so should show up, but if i want to listen to a podcast ill use the podcast menu, music menu should just be for music.

I wouldnt be that bothered but when the artist details contain the name of everyone on the podcast in a random format its irritating when ive spent ages sorting out the list perfectly.
I know what you mean....;)

What format are they in mp4 or mp3 ?

I have some mp3 podcasts and I have to set the genre to podcast that seems to work.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom