Podcasts on Galaxy Active 2

gap

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Pixel 3a user here. Looking to get either a Fossil Gen 5 or Galaxy Active 2. The only thing holding me back from the Galaxy is I can't seem to find any information about how to play podcasts when using the watch without a phone nearby - like when on a run.

Any tips and suggestions would be most welcome.

Hi there,

Not sure if you've found a away but when I had my Galaxy Watch, I used to be able to add podcasts as follows:

1. Add the app 'Google Podcasts' to your phone
2. On Google Podcasts app, download the podcast to phone
3. Connect phone to Laptop
4. Open up x2 file managers (windows explorer) windows
a. In one of the file managers, locate the podcast - this (for me) was stored under : This PC\Mel's Galaxy Note9\Phone\data\user\0\com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox\filesvelour\feature_data\wernicke_player\downloaded_episodes
b. In the other file manager, find the following location and drag the podcast above to it (NB I renamed it before I dragged to the music folder): This PC\Mel's Galaxy Note9\Phone\Music
5. On phone, go to Galaxy Wearable app and Add content to your watch
6. The podcast will be under the Folder - Music.../storage/emulated/0/Music

To play on the watch, go to Music and find the Podcast

I haven't tried it yet with my Active2 but will do so in the next few days. Also I've just got rid of my Windows laptop and have a Mac so will have to have a play!!

Hi there,

Not sure if you've found a away but when I had my Galaxy Watch, I used to be able to add podcasts as follows:

1. Add the app 'Google Podcasts' to your phone
2. On Google Podcasts app, download the podcast to phone
3. Connect phone to Laptop
4. Open up x2 file managers (windows explorer) windows
a. In one of the file managers, locate the podcast - this (for me) was stored under : This PC\Mel's Galaxy Note9\Phone\data\user\0\com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox\filesvelour\feature_data\wernicke_player\downloaded_episodes
b. In the other file manager, find the following location and drag the podcast above to it (NB I renamed it before I dragged to the music folder): This PC\Mel's Galaxy Note9\Phone\Music
5. On phone, go to Galaxy Wearable app and Add content to your watch
6. The podcast will be under the Folder - Music.../storage/emulated/0/Music

To play on the watch, go to Music and find the Podcast

I haven't tried it yet with my Active2 but will do so in the next few days. Also I've just got rid of my Windows laptop and have a Mac so will have to have a play!!
Sorry, this doesn't work. The media plays all right, but if you turn off the headphones it resets your position in the song. Spotify also hasn't enabled podcast downloads

Here's how to listen to podcasts on your Samsung wearable: Step 1: Download the Google Podcasts app. ... Step 5: Pick your favorite podcasts, which Google will automatically download for you. Step 6: Go to the Galaxy Wearable app.

Here's how to listen to podcasts on your Samsung wearable: Step 1: Download the Google Podcasts app. ... Step 5: Pick your favorite podcasts, which Google will automatically download for you. Step 6: Go to the Galaxy Wearable app.
Again, this doesn't work properly. As soon as you turn off the headphones, the media player resets your position in the song

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom