Podcasts on a 620

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by spawn, Feb 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. spawn

spawn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm used to iOS, so iTunes was a doddle.

Now I have a Lumia 620 and no idea how to get podcasts. I have unlimited data, so I'm used to downloading them on the fly. But where are they? The only search result I've found so far online says to get them from the App store, but there doesn't seem to be the option to search for podcasts. Have I missed something?

2. SHATNERSTACTIC

SHATNERSTACTIC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +591
    I've used an app called 'Podcasts! Pro' which I downloaded from the Windows Phone store - there's many alternatives. Here's a free version of the app to try : PODCASTS! | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Any podcast you can't find to favourite via the search within the Podcasts! app you can add manually. Just right click the podcast folder within your library on iTunes (left column), get the feed URL (copy Podcast URL) and type that into the app via 'add podcast'.

3. spawn

spawn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    In the end I just connected to the PC, downloaded whatever the software it told me to and connected to iTunes. Rubbish but effective.

4. Jakeway

Jakeway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    In windows 7.5 you added a podcast via Zune then hit subscribe on the phone for more options. Then phone would download them for you... fantastic!

Then in Tango they took out the subscribe option if you lived outside the USA... But Zune would still update the podcast once you hooked the phone up. It was worse but it still worked.

Now in WP8 its gotten still... if I add a podcast myself by dragging and dropping, it doesn’t even show up under "podcasts", despite the genre being correct. I hope that all these gets smoothed out with the summer update, becuase its crap otherwise.

5. spawn

spawn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There's a whole lot of stuff I hope they update soon. Coming from iOS I can see why Apple dominate. Will jump straight back when I get the chance.

6. Jakeway

Jakeway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    By in large I think its a lot nicer then iSO... its just a few little niggles. All phones have problems, even the iphone.

7. spawn

spawn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sure, but there are too many little things that I miss and not enough new stuff that I didn't have before. Let's hope they surprise me.