Podcast: Samsung QN900A 8K TV & B&W 603 S2 Speaker Reviews, Plus, Best of the Month (26th May 2021)

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
This week we get a first look at the Samsung QN900A 8K QLED TV review and Ed covers the Bowers and Wilkins 603 S2 speakers. Phil has been looking at a mid-range Hisense A7GQ and we also round up the best of the month.

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Cas Harlow and Ed Selley

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:25 - Welcome
00:22:08 - Bowers & Wilkins 603 S2 Anniversary speakers review
00:33:05 - Samsung QE75QN900A 75 inch LED LCD 8K TV review
00:55:48 - News: Amazon buys MGM for $8.45B
01:05:02 - Ed's Vinyl & playlist of the month and album of the week
01:11:45 - 4K Blu-rays of the month
01:24:08 - Films of the month
01:30:16 - TV shows of the month
01:43:50 - Podcast competition

These links will be live following the live stream on Wednesday evening

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:

boabis

Great show as always.

For those using Amazon Music (now in HD!), Soundiiz doesn’t allow transfer of playlists in to AM.

There is an app called Songshift which achieves the same thing, managed to get the Deezer Electronic Soundtracks across with only 6 tracks causing mismatches.

atmoscinema

Amazon will make money from MGM movie releases, like Bond (£350 million?) to pay towards the $8.45b surely?

TRON Legacy has a great movie sound track!

Last edited:

Toon Army

Thanks gents for another good listen and agreed with many of the points made -

Gary Numan's latest album is excellent and various tracks have been released in recent months which led to my love of the album.

Glad that Cas revisited Mare of Easttown and I too hope that there is a second series.

Looking forward to Ed's forthcoming B&W review.

Surprised The Eurovision Song Contest did not get a mention just to hear the responses/rants of various team members.

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
Why does Tom hate ‘The Stath’ so much ?

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
It's less that I hate Statham, though I do think he's a terrible actingman.
It's Guy Ritchie who earns the majority of the hate dollars from me.
Was it 'The Gentlemen' that rubbed you the wrong way? or Blue genie Will Smith? :D

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer

Cause of that school crush on Madonna isn't it? You'll never forgive Ritchie for stealing your first true love.

On the other hand I'll always forgive Statham anything. He's almost single-handedly kept the dumb-but-fun action movie genre going for over two decades and hasn't once done a Willis.

Last edited:

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
sudden intake of breath

Snatch, Sherlock 1, and 2 are great films. Love me some Snatch (fnarr). And, I'm sorry, but I really liked, I'm gonna say it, I really liked Alladin.

But I get that if you don't like his gangster films, then you're not going to like him. I can't wait for Wrath of Man.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Cause of that school crush on Madonna isn't it? You'll never forgive Ritchie for stealing your first true love.

On the other hand I'll always forgive Statham anything. He's almost single-handedly kept the dumb-but-fun action movie genre going for over two decades and hasn't once done a Willis.
I can watch him in any film except that car series. Truly awful, awful films.

Car stunts are utterly pointless when they are made using a graphic pad instead of a gas pedal

Last edited:

Fasen

A Kino Lorber color corrected Ed Selley :eek:

Jokerr

I have been considering the Bowers & Wilkins 603 S2 Anniversary speakers , but the complicated decision is what AMP/DAC to drive them. Will check out the relevant thread

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom