Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
The podcast returns to its normal weekly Wednesday 7pm time slot with reviews of the Q Acoustics 3030i speakers, Humax Aura Digital TV PVR and Roku Streambar. Plus, we have movie and TV Show news and reviews with a look at WandaVision, the latest instalment to the MCU.

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:30 - Welcome and catchup
00:16:25 - Competitions
00:20:09 - Q Acoustics Q3030i speaker review
00:29:40 - Q&A
00:34:55 - Roku Streambar review
00:41:08 - Humax Aura Digital TV PVR review
00:48:20 - Q&A
00:56:20 - Ed's album of the week
01:00:00 - Synchronic movie review
01:04:27 - Important announcement from Arnold Schwarzenegger
01:05:34 - Possessor movie review
01:07:18 - Bond No Time To Die release news
01:11:35 - Netflix putting up the price news
01:18:27 - Star channel coming to Disney+ news
01:22:00 - Greenland coming to Amazon news
01:24:28 - Bill and Ted Face the Music 4K Blu-ray review
01:29:00 - WandaVision TV show review
01:36:00 - Night Stalker TV show review
01:37:40 - The Stand TV show review
01:41:45 - Q&A
01:43:57 - Find a TV calibrator using our map
01:45:50 - Podcast competition
01:46:18 - Thanks and goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Ed Selley, Cas Harlow & Steve Withers.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Links to the audio versions will appear once the podcast has been live-streamed on Wednesday the 20th.

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello I am thinking of buying B&W 702 Signatures + 705 what centre speaker would you recommend and sub.
Thanks great forum
P.s what AVR would you recommend with the B&W I have got the DENON AVC-X4700H would this be good enough.👍

Another entertaining podcast. Thanks guys. :D (12 underground, laughed out loud there)

When tv's start comming in, i'd like (if possible) a side by side comparison between the Sony A80J and the A90J. More to see if it's actually worth paying the premium of the A90J over the A80J. (in terms of increased brightness on the A90J)

And i do know nothing has been released or any dates/prices announced yet.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the podcast guys!

Out of curiosity what was Ed's speaker recommendation at 12 grand? Not that I can afford it but interesting to know.

I will take a look at the others you mentioned, I was aware of the Neat's but had forgotten about the AE500 so will have a read up on that.

Would I be right in thinking that high sensitivity speakers will work better at lower volumes? or is this not always the case?

Cheers

Interesting comments on WandaVision. I’m a Marvel fan, but I normally hate “mystery box” shows.

However, knowing that it’s a limited series, and that each episode will have a radically different aesthetic, means I’m hooked.

Definitely not for everyone, or the casual viewer, but it’s great fun. Bettany clearly having a ball, particularly in Ep2.

p.s. to hate The Muppets is to hate life. Which is about right for Ed :laugh:

Hi, thanks for the podcast and great work! Can you put chapter markers in the podcasts themselves so we can skip anything we're not interested in?

Hi, although i joined in 2016 (due to a Humax issue) I've never really used this website/forum to its full potential until this past fortnight...

Well!! i only have myself to blame! this is a great community and such a good forum, ive bought 4k discs from fantastic sellers, had conversations on topics i love and now i see you have a podcast! excellent work all, really enjoying my time here and definitely passes the time quick while "working from home"

May i add the time stamps on this page for the podcast is genius, thank you.

Hello I am thinking of buying B&W 702 Signatures + 705 what centre speaker would you recommend and sub.
Thanks great forum
P.s what AVR would you recommend with the B&W I have got the DENON AVC-X4700H would this be good enough.👍
You should create a new thread in here:

This thread is for discussing the podcast so you're really better off posting in the relevant forum section ;)

Where did that great pic. come from ? Brill ! Esp. the top left ! Can I share it, with your credit attached ?

Where did that great pic. come from ? Brill ! Esp. the top left ! Can I share it, with your credit attached ?

We found it on Twitter so for the love of all things don't credit us!

Out of curiosity what was Ed's speaker recommendation at 12 grand? Not that I can afford it but interesting to know.

Small room- Wilson Tune Tot (stupid name astonishing little speaker).
Big room- Kudos Titan 606, Focal Sopra No2 or Neat Ultimatum XL6.

Hi, thanks for the podcast and great work! Can you put chapter markers in the podcasts themselves so we can skip anything we're not interested in?
See above in the main post.

guys, can you have a think about changing the screen setup so the banners change frequently enough for us OLED watchers, it isnt good to have that static on screen for so much time.

1611259472133.png

Last edited:
Thank you. Just that.

Thanks again for a good listen. Just to say it was good to hear you opening on the personal impacts of lockdown. Personally I have also found the latest restrictions harder than the first. I won’t be rushing back to hugging anyone once things get a bit more normal. But I can’t wait to go to a pub, have a meal in a restaurant and meet friends and family. And even sharing a home with one person gets tricky as you both end up venting frustrations with the only other person around. As time goes on I also find myself becoming more sceptical of whether lockdown is doing more harm than good but since I’m not the sort of individual to actually try and change anything it’s a fairly pointless exercise. Maybe I need to buy a new tv that usually helps😀

Nice to see the podcast back on in full swing, plenty to look forward to in another year of Covid.

A quick question, will you be able to get some of the manufacturers to come on the podcast again?

Really enjoyed the Denon/Marantz and Samsung rep casts last year and wondered if there could be more in the offing, particularly KEF with their new Sond Core tech and LG and the brighter OLED panel.

I am also interested in the path for 8K to come to a larger maerket.

Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks

Gordon

Just back from a thoroughly enjoyable 10k walk here in Bristol. One thing positive about COVID is seeing way more people out and about in the fresh air. Ed might want to try it sometime :).

Here’s an idea for next week. So many music streaming services, which to choose? And what is Roon exactly?

E.g. I like 70s and 80s rock, most pop up to the 1990s and dabble in jazz now and then. Should I go Tidal or Amazon Unlimited or Apple Music or Qobuz or ... HELP!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom