Podcast: New Philips OLED+ TVs, New JVC Laser 4K Projectors and more (8th Sept 2021)

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
This week we report on the new OLED+ TVs announced by Philips late last week as well as the new native 4K projector line-up from JVC. Plus, in our continuing series on building your own dedicated home cinema, we look at which projectors you should consider…

Presented by Phil Hinton with Ed Selley and Steve Withers

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:29 - Welcome
00:06:20 - Competitions
00:09:46 - Philips TV announcements. OLED+ 936 and 986
00:19:15 - TCL TV announcements. X925 and X925 Pro Mini LED 8K TVs
00:23:25 - JVC new laser projector announcements. NZ9, NZ8 and NZ7
00:38:34 - Choosing a projector for a home cinema
00:57:54 - 4K Blu-ray of the week. Dune
01:02:55 - Album of the week
01:06:00 - What to watch on TV. Recommendations
01:15:04 - Podcast competition

These links will be live following the live stream on Wednesday

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Cheers for the podcast guys.

I’ve been watching the BBC 9/11 docs too, didn’t appreciate it’s in UHD, will watch the president war room one again.
Another 9/11 doc worth watching is
Netflix Turning point - 9/11 and the war on terror, a 5 parter, very well made (Netflix do make a good documentary) balanced doc.

I love listening to your podcasts and have done for years. I haven’t listened to this one yet, but looking forward to listening to what you say on choosing a projector - I’m currently building my own diy home cinema and have yet to decide on the PJ. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the 806 review. I think the Philips oled lineup this year looks very promising.

And GREAT album recommendation @Ed Selley , really takes me back. !

Looking forward to the 806 review. I think the Philips oled lineup this year looks very promising.

And GREAT album recommendation @Ed Selley , really takes me back. !
What WAS the album ! I listened twice and still couldn't gather the name of it!

@Ed Selley - I had similar issues with the PlusNet supplied router and just swapped it out for a BT Smart Hub I had kicking about (£20 refurbs on eBay if you want to pick one up). It's much more reliable (better quality biscuits?) and on the odd occasion that I've had to contact PlusNet support they appear to be familiar with it as a piece of hardware - perhaps because PlusNet/BT are part of the same organisation.

Thanks gents - another excellent listen. Agree about the documentary on BBC about the President's day/perspective on 9/11 - very insightful.

Did Ed get extra lines afterwards for mucking up the agenda, screen freeze, not looking at the camera etc?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom