Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews (9th June 2021)

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
This week Phil reviews the entry-level Hisense A7G QLED LCD TV, Steve looks at the Zidoo Z1000 pro media player and Ed listens to the Kudos Cardea C10 stand mount speakers. Plus, Cas rounds up all the latest Movie and TV show news and reviews.

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:24 - Welcome
00:17:41 - Latest competitions
00:20:35 - Kudos Cardea C10 stand mount speaker review
00:29:00 - Zidoo Z1000 pro streamer review
00:41:58 - Hisense A7G QLED LCD TV review
00:59:10 - Ed's album of the week
01:08:00 - Netflix's Awake movie review
01:13:28 - Indiana Jones 4K 4 film Blu-ray boxset review
01:24:53 - Basic Instinct 4K Blu-ray news
01:28:00 - Recommended viewing
01:44:05 - Podcast competition

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Cas Harlow and Ed Selley.

These links will be live following the live stream on Wednesday evening

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:
This week Phil reviews the entry-level Hisense A7G QLED LCD TV, Steve looks at the Zidoo Z100 pro media player and Ed listens to the Kudos Cardea C10 standmount speakers. Plus, Cas rounds up all the latest Movie and TV show news and reviews.

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:24 - Welcome
00:17:41 - Latest competitions
00:20:35 - Kudos Cardea C10 standmount speaker review
00:29:00 - Zidoo Z100 pro streamer review
00:41:58 - Hisense A7G QLED LCD TV review
00:59:10 - Ed's album of the week
01:08:00 - Netflix's Awake movie review
01:13:28 - Indiana Jones 4K 4 film Blu-ray boxset review
01:24:53 - Basic Instict 4K Blu-ray news
01:28:00 - Recommended viewing
01:44:05 - Podcast competition

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Cas Harlow and Ed Selley.

These links will be live following the live stream on Wednesday evening

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

P.s. its the Z1000 Pro 👍

Good one chaps. :smashin:

I haven't heard the Kudos speakers and probably never will, but i have to agree with @Ed Selley , that speaker doesn't have to be made out of space materials to sound good. Good engineering goes a long way with ordinary drivers. I recently bought a pair of ATC SCM7's (mk 3)and yes the 5" driver is a hefty one, but still just a doped paper cone and a "normal" softdome tweeter. But they sound excellent. Some years ago i had a pair of Von Schweikert Audio VR-1´s which also was nothing special in terms of drivers or cabinet, but sounded really good.

As a side note, you could change the name to the Barista boys weekly review! :laugh:

Last edited:
Given the functionality you were talking about of the Zidoo box, I really wish the proper streaming services would learn from those types of products.
I am more than happy with the quality, price and in particular the convenience of getting movies on iTunes, but I hate the way it organises them, limiting all movies to only one of the 13 Genres they list sometimes to bizarre effect, such as classifying Luc Besson's "Nikita" being as a Romance and "My Fair Lady" as a Comedy and not a Musical. It makes it a pain to browse through a genre to see what's there you might want to watch

@Steve Withers - if possible when you are reviewing the HW-Q950A could you ask Samsung if they have thought of giving customers the option to flip the rear speaker to enable people to bounce the sound off the back wall for those who have their couch right up against the wall?

You guys really make WFH enjoyable

@Casimir Harlow Have to disagree with Awake, I have no issues falling asleep watching that, not my cup of tea, I also watched Infinite last night & here the cheapest review you'll read 'Style Over Substance' :(

Agree with all sentiments regarding 'Indiana Jones' movies & have to agree Raiders set the benchmark that the other just could not surpass, don't expect anything from No 5

Thanks Guys.....
Now I really need an egg sandwich.
(Had a bacon one instead!)

@Ed Selley question for the next podcast… Have you heard the track “The Last Man On Earth” from the new Wolf Alice album? I’ve only heard in on slightly broken headphones from an iPod but the sound and production is immense. Would love to know how it sounds on your high end gear.

@Casimir Harlow Regarding showing the Indy films to your kids, it may interest you to know that both Raiders of the Lost Ark and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade were recently re-submitted to the BBFC for cinema certificates (for, presumably, a tie-in cinema re-release) and both have been uprated from their original PG to a 12A.

@Steve Withers will doubtless be delighted by the correct title being for used for Raiders as they would write it down as it's listed in the on-screen credits. ;)

Did I hear right that Air Crash Investigation is coming to D+?
When??????

I'm with @Phil Hinton l on this. Moby Reprise just made me want to listen to the originals, which I did while outside enjoying the sun and BBQ and a lot of beer. Forgotten how good Play and 18 inc b-sides were

Did I hear right that Air Crash Investigation is coming to D+?
When??????
Yes, it is. I messaged Ed about it the other week. I think it was the 25th of June, seasons 10-18

Thanks gents for another fantastic poddy. Also, I've just purchased and apple tv 4k (2021) and was looking for recommendations. Thank you for suggesting Trying. Loved the first episode. Also very impressed with the image and audio quality. Guess Apple is investing in high quality productions to show off their streaming service.

With you Steve on the Quest 2. I love mine and eagerly await your review.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom