Podcast: Eyes-on with 2022 LG and Sony OLED TVs, plus the Movie news, reviews and more

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
In this Livestream, Phil talks about his visits to LG and Sony to see their 2022 TV line-ups, we discuss Samsung's 2022 TV line-up news and more. Plus the movies team cover the latest news, reviews and more.

Presented by Phil Hinton and Cas Harlow with Ed Selley, Andy Bassett, Tom Davies, Simon Crust, Mark Costello and Ian Collen

00:00:00 - Start

These links will be live following the live stream

Direct Link

00:00:24 - Welcome
00:10:55 - Competitions
00:12:23 - Samsung's 2022 TV lineup announced
00:14:41 - LG TV price leak
00:16:08 - Our hands-on experience with new LG TVs
00:30:13 - Our hands-on experience with new Sony TVs
00:42:34 - Q&A
00:47:44 - Ed's album, vinyl & playlist of the week

00:00:24 - Welcome
00:01:11 - Competitions
00:04:20 - Uncharted movie review
00:06:10 - Death on the Nile movie review
00:08:16 - Old Henry movie review
00:10:45 - KIMI movie review
00:16:15 - Scream (2022) movie review
00:19:54 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) movie review
00:23:45 - Batman (2022) news
00:30:45 - New 4K Blu-rays coming
00:37:25 - Phenomena 4K Blu-ray review
00:40:30 - Escape from LA 4K Blu-ray news
00:43:25 - Robocop 4K Blu-ray boxset review
00:51:42 - What's new and coming soon on TV
01:00:10 - Severance TV show review
01:03:18 - Peacemaker TV show review
01:07:55 - Podcast competition

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the Movies stream. Thanks guys.

Thanks for the 2 podcasts, enjoyed both of them.

Very interesting comments / video regarding LG/Sony's TV offerings this year.

I know you cant go by filmed content, compressed by YT etc...but looking at the C1 v G2, while you can clearly see a difference, and we all want "brighter", I think the G2 images while much brighter lacks depth. Its great we will be able to see more shadow detail, but while the image is certainly punchier the colors do look slightly washed out, while the darker C1 to my eyes has more depth, 3d look to it.
I appreciate at home there will not be any side by sides going on though.

It sounds like the QDOled from Sony may resolve this issue (slightly washed out colour) and if its no brighter than last years, it will still have depth.

@Phil Hinton you mentioned the QDOleds whites look slightly more red v cyan, so whites look warmer, is that a pleasing warmer image or prefer the cyan ?
So it may be QDOled sorts out the colour volume, but WOled has the better white balance hence the tricky which oled for 2022 choice?

Sounds like a promising upgrade, look forward to seeing more about it (and other manufacturers coming onboard).

Thanks for the 2 podcasts, enjoyed both of them.

Very interesting comments / video regarding LG/Sony's TV offerings this year.

I know you cant go by filmed content, compressed by YT etc...but looking at the C1 v G2, while you can clearly see a difference, and we all want "brighter", I think the G2 images while much brighter lacks depth. Its great we will be able to see more shadow detail, but while the image is certainly punchier the colors do look slightly washed out, while the darker C1 to my eyes has more depth, 3d look to it.
I appreciate at home there will not be any side by sides going on though.

It sounds like the QDOled from Sony may resolve this issue (slightly washed out colour) and if its no brighter than last years, it will still have depth.

@Phil Hinton you mentioned the QDOleds whites look slightly more red v cyan, so whites look warmer, is that a pleasing warmer image or prefer the cyan ?
So it may be QDOled sorts out the colour volume, but WOled has the better white balance hence the tricky which oled for 2022 choice?

Sounds like a promising upgrade, look forward to seeing more about it (and other manufacturers coming onboard).
From what I was shown, and bearing in mind these are pre-production units, I was very impressed with the white balance and colour volume on the QD OLED.

Cheers everyone, enjoyed these as usual - special thanks to Phil “Interesting” Hinton for the new TVs information :) ;)

Thanks gents for a good listen and bringing back " so what have you been up to ". Phil's presentation about this year's TVs was extremely interesting and i can't wait for the hands on reviews. Could finally be time for an upgrade........

Thanks for another great podcast.

Exciting to hear about the new TVs.

The questions I hope you keep in mind when you are speaking to the manufactures are:

Samsung -
  • what models are getting a one connect box?
  • Are you considering adding it to more of your range?
  • Will you be producing the Frame TVs with decent panels this year? (decent off axis viewing, etc)

LG -
  • Do you have any idea for the G-Series to come in a smaller screen sizes.

Podcast Shorts - 24th Feb 2022:
First look LG OLED42C2, 55-inch G2 and OLED 77-inch EVO TVs for 2022

First look at Sony's A95K QD-OLED TV, A90K & A80K OLEDs and X95X mini LED TV

When’s the next podcast? Really enjoyed the last one.

Until the next full podcast, here are a few more clips:

Phenomena and Escape From L.A. 4K Blu-ray reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom