Podcast: Christmas Special Best Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies & TV Shows of the Year 2020 (16/12/20)

sddawson

@Steve Withers With your Seymour screen and magnetic masking panels, how do you handle odd aspect ratios, like 2.0:1 on Netflix and Apple TV+? Chop off top and bottom and display them scope, or zoom and live with small black bars on either side without masking?

Steve Withers

Reviewer
@Steve Withers With your Seymour screen and magnetic masking panels, how do you handle odd aspect ratios, like 2.0:1 on Netflix and Apple TV+? Chop off top and bottom and display them scope, or zoom and live with small black bars on either side without masking?
I take the latter option and retain the filmmaker's creative intent. Obviously if you have a screen with motorised side masking you can set it for less common aspect ratios like 2.00:1 and 2.20:1.

meltonboy

Really enjoyed this and the coverage over 2020. I haven't bought an AV product in years, but with the 'memorable' year we have had, sometimes i just want to listen to a load entertaining chat - and you folks deliver.

I really enjoyed The Mandalorian. Best SW content for me since Rogue One. By luck, it played just right for both me and my sons who have now gone back to watch The Clone Wars from the start.

Whilst i don't watch that much TV i have to say my favourite show of 2020 was "Devs", with Mando a close second. Loved the story and the fact that you could see every frame was thought about. A real class act, in my opinion.

Thanks to everyone at AVF for the entertainment in 2020 and wish you all a safe and peaceful chrimbo.

MB

Evinger

Really enjoyed this and the coverage over 2020. I haven't bought an AV product in years, but with the 'memorable' year we have had, sometimes i just want to listen to a load entertaining chat - and you folks deliver.

I really enjoyed The Mandalorian. Best SW content for me since Rogue One. By luck, it played just right for both me and my sons who have now gone back to watch The Clone Wars from the start.

Whilst i don't watch that much TV i have to say my favourite show of 2020 was "Devs", with Mando a close second. Loved the story and the fact that you could see every frame was thought about. A real class act, in my opinion.

Thanks to everyone at AVF for the entertainment in 2020 and wish you all a safe and peaceful chrimbo.

MB
Melton Mowbray Pork Pies - God how I miss 'em!

Evinger

Sadly, the virus means that I won’t receive my usual Christmas delivery :( - at least until Easter
MB
As a Pork Pie fan, I am truly really sorry to hear that.
But I wish that the rest of your Christmas is Happy & complete!
Greetz from Germany
R

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom