Podcast: Bargain LG BX OLED + Focal Headphone reviews: Room set up + acoustics and more (17/03/21)

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
This week we look at the LG BX OLED TV to see if it is the bargain it appears to be at the moment. Steve has finished his articles covering all the room correction systems and we wrap up on the subject. Plus, we look at room acoustics and adding items to improve the sound quality in your room, such as bass traps and wall panels. Ed reviews a pair of Focal Clear MG Headphones and Tom gives us the latest movie and TV show news and reviews

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:29 - Welcome
00:07:08 - Competitions
00:10:28 - LG BX OLED TV review
00:25:45 - Room correction software roundup
00:48:00 - Focal Clear MG Headphone review
01:03:08 - Ed's album of the week
01:07:16 - RIP Yaphet Kotto
01:10:24 - Oscar predictions
01:17:52 - Avatar reclaims No.1 film
01:19:42 - Indiana Jones 4K boxset & other movie news
01:27:42 - Judas and the Black Messiah movie review
01:37:04 - Movie & TV chat
01:44:00 - RIP Sabine Schmitz
01:51:09 - WandaVision wrap up WITH SPOILERS

Presented by Phil Hinton with Tom Davies, Steve Withers and Ed Selley

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

These links will be live following Wednesday's Live Stream

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks gents - I enjoyed your discussion on room correction and treatments. Aspects which are frequently overlooked when setting up a system. Looking forward to the LG special coming up.

Thanks guys for the tribute to Yaphet Kotto. After I heard the news I tracked down another old podcast episode I remembered listening in 2015 that covered his movies and now I need to dedicate some time and watch those.

One of the interesting things they said actually explained one of Steve’s bugbears with one of the new Alien Prequels... namely the scene where the Scientists completely ignore all their training and common sense as a result of being offered extra money, that seems to be a sloppy callback to when Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton being blue collar and wanting to be paid for what they do, with most of their conversations early on in the movie is about their bonuses ... so in the recent movie the screenwriters just went with cash as the motivation again.
(Same podcast even did an episode on his “Eye of the Tiger” a few weeks ago).

Now that the Oscar nominations are out I am reminded I still need to see “Da 5 Bloods” as I heard Delroy Lindo was amazing in it and it was one of Chadwick Baseman’s last movies too.

Thanks guys, great podcast. I've got CX and it already had ITVplayer since February. Does the BX miss this? Why would LG put it on the C and not the B?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom