1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pocket Vaio problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by nealb, Jun 9, 2005.

1. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've had this for nearly 2 weeks now.

I cant grumble at the sound quality, especially ACTRAC (always been a fan of it on minidisc) but it has a few faults.

It regularly freezes and the only way to remedy it is to press the system reset button... hassle as this means you have to go through the whole set up process again... Pain... Had to do this 3 times on walk the other night... Not good as you have to find something suitable to press the tiny recessed button...

Also it has random drop outs.

Has anyone else got this problem with theirs?

I have applied all the updates for it so it handles MP3 without ATRAC conversion etc.

I am definitely taking this back at the weekend and tempted to get a refund as I have a feeling it's more of a design fault than anything else....

I look forward to other peoples feedback.

2. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there - I owned a 20GB Vaio Pocket for 6 months (gave it to my friend when I got the HD5) and in 6 months my vaio NEVER froze once. It is however awkward when it dies of no battery and you have to re enter the date every time. I have never had a drop out and never experienced anything like a freeze or error or anything similar.

It is clear that there is a problem with your unit only. Trust me, I miss the sound quality of my vaio on a daily basis - the NW-HD range just does not get near... think twice before giving it up... :)

3. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers for your feedback.

Must admit I'm surprised it is doing this as I've never had a problem with sony products in the past.

Maybe I should exchange it for another and keep me fingers crossed.

The sound quality is brilliant - much better than the iPods I've listened to. Not that I'm putting them down, I think they're brilliant. Fantastic design.

Cheers.

4. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is much better than any other player I have listened to ever, in my opinion - give it another chance, and if it gives you problem at least you gave it two shots - then get a refund - that is what I would do... :)