Pocket Infinity Bounty

Doc Syn

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone else doing the bounty.
Banshee is selling rare fusion rifles again for the next couple of hours [emoji106]

That's a shame. Hope you get them next time then.

Got 131 kills in an hour so should get it later on, made it a bit harder on myself cos of my lack of arc weapons.

I had to quickly go grind some grimore for this managed 7000 odd in an hour.

Just FYI, easiest way to do this is to go to the 'Respawning Restricted' area and then back out into the game world. Find another area where part of the story missions take place and the enemies will be at L28 also. You can rack up your kills on these enemies and the bonus is if they kill you you don't go back to orbit.

I got a nice little loop going on earth and got my 200 kills in about 45 minutes.

Just FYI, easiest way to do this is to go to the 'Respawning Restricted' area and then back out into the game world. Find another area where part of the story missions take place and the enemies will be at L28 also. You can rack up your kills on these enemies and the bonus is if they kill you you don't go back to orbit.

I got a nice little loop going on earth and got my 200 kills in about 45 minutes.
Hax!

I have the Light beware fusion (solar) maxed out is it really worth the grind to actually do this bounty?

I have the Light beware fusion (solar) maxed out is it really worth the grind to actually do this bounty?

I have the pocket infinity and since the nerf I'd say that it's definitely not worth the effort. The charge time is way to long and since it's now only 3 shots in the clip (vs the original 8) it's not much of an advantage. I sometimes find myself changing to a fully maxed rare when taking on fire shielded enemies in PvE. I'm only keeping it as Bungie keep saying they will buff up all exotics, otherwise it would be nothing but a small pile of weapon parts and ascendant energy.

Rare fusion rifles for sale at the gunsmith this morning

I had needed 5 of them on Thursday but I've been hammering Iron Banner and was getting them as a reward about every 4th game. Got that part of the bounty cleared up that way

Yeah I bought the last 4 I needed this morning, now on to the 200 nightfall kills. Is there an easy way of doing this or you just have to keep repeating the strike? Anyone want to team up to grind it out sometime?

I tried killing the low level hive & fallen that keep spawning in the first area but they don't count as nightfall enemies even though they are in nightfall. They only count when you get to an area with the 'no respawn' symbol. Killed 17 and then got killed. I have legendary fusion rifles in all 3 elements now anyway so not sure if I need pocket infinity. I'll maybe just let it come naturally through doing nightfall each week

I tried killing the low level hive & fallen that keep spawning in the first area but they don't count as nightfall enemies even though they are in nightfall. They only count when you get to an area with the 'no respawn' symbol. Killed 17 and then got killed. I have legendary fusion rifles in all 3 elements now anyway so not sure if I need pocket infinity. I'll maybe just let it come naturally through doing nightfall each week
Actually you can go to any area in the Nightfall as long as they are level 28. The current night fall you can go to the back part of the divide and there are five level 28 and the past between the dive and the steppes has level 28. I did a run this morning and cleared 200 quite quick while also been able to do the public events and collects chests.

Thinking about it, this week's nf should be good for the pocket infinity bounty. The room with the door dinkle bot is opening has heaps of thralls in the first wave. Kill them, let the Knights kill you, rinse and repeat.

Thinking about it, this week's nf should be good for the pocket infinity bounty. The room with the door dinkle bot is opening has heaps of thralls in the first wave. Kill them, let the Knights kill you, rinse and repeat.

I got the 170 something kills that I needed this morning. Just like with Thorn I now have yet another very average exotic weapon which probably isn't as good as my maxed out solar Light/Beware (with extended battery)

Rather than doing what you mentioned, as you still need to defeat the shielded Knight and Wizard each time before getting to the thralls, just start Nightfall but head to the Patrol start area . Either go to the place where the 'We've woken the hive' mission starts or go through the small dome building with broken panels and enter the hive fortress (I done the we've woken the hive method). As this is all mission territory all enemies are lvl 28 AND you can die and you'll respawn nearby as it's technically a story mission area and not nightfall. There are lots of the huge ogres and shielded Knights wondering about but there are also lots of thralls and acolytes. Think I done this in about an hour. Not worth it though.
I've now done 4 exotic bounties (Invective shotgun, Thorn hand cannon, Bad Juju pulse rifle & Pocket Infinity fusion rifle) and all of them are rubbish or else I have Legendaries that are better

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom