1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pnansonic GS3 or GS5

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by John F, Jan 21, 2003.

1. John F

John F
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Hi guys
    hoping for some help I am undecided between the panny GS3 or GS5. I have looked at the specs & the main difference I can see is the GS5 has a colour view finder where as the GS3 doesn't. Can anybody who has these camera's tell me what they are like. I know there is £100 price difference but I am not bothered about this. One other thing whats it like in the dark.
    thanks

2. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a look at the GS3, went for the GS5.
    The GS3 is a good camera, but the extra useful features of the GS5 make it the more worthwhile of the two - Analogue In is very useful for transfering old VHS-C footage to DV for archiving, and the SD Card works pretty well. MPEG4 footage looks almost as good as the DV equivalent as long as there isn't much motion in the picture, whilst being much much smaller. Not entirely sure just how good the low light feature is, but it produces good colour images from candlelight, better than most other camcorders I've seen.

3. OGIII

OGIII

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John

Did you get one of these or go for something else. I was interested in your comment about low light which is something I'm keen on.

Cheers
    OG