PMC twenty5 23i Loudspeaker Review & Comments

Diagnosticz

As impressive as the PMC Twenty5 23i are, for £50 - £150 more you can get better value for your money on something like the Dynaudio Evoke 50 or Monitor Audio Gold 300 5G or even the Q Acoustics Concept 500.
I went from the Monitor audio gold 300 to PMC Twenty5 23 the PMC are way superior i doubt if any of the speakers you mentioned outperform this improved model.

Steve Stifler

Having had all of the original Twenty range except for the 22, Im disappointed to see the same shiny ring around the mid/bass driver from the 25 iteration. The price has shot up as my original 23s were c£2300 new. I liked the Twenty 26 but the price of the 26i to me is now ridiculous. If only they had a white cabinet option for the originals.

Diagnosticz

Having had all of the original Twenty range except for the 22, Im disappointed to see the same shiny ring around the mid/bass driver from the 25 iteration. The price has shot up as my original 23s were c£2300 new. I liked the Twenty 26 but the price of the 26i to me is now ridiculous. If only they had a white cabinet option for the originals.
Having heard the twenty 23 and owning the twenty5 23 their was a significant improvement technically. Its a completely new speaker, the mids are more clean with a smooth bass extension and absolutely no distortion thanks to the laminair tech. Its amazing how it produces such a big sound from such a small cabinet. For me it justified the 3 grand price tag.

So for PMC to have again improved in this new range i think the price is worth the end result

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
As impressive as the PMC Twenty5 23i are, for £50 - £150 more you can get better value for your money on something like the Dynaudio Evoke 50 or Monitor Audio Gold 300 5G or even the Q Acoustics Concept 500.
'Better' is a subjective term... i'd rather you poked me in the eye with a poker than made me listen to a Monitor Audio speaker.... the Dyn's are good, but i've never got on with their floor standers, the Heritage stand mount that they've recently launched would get my vote.

SO each to their own.... I'd certainly be interested in hearing these! But for the same money you can have an ATC SCM40, or a Spendor A7.... lots of good british speakers at that price point. (And i'd have to spend a chunk to better my Kef R5's!)

Diagnosticz

'Better' is a subjective term... i'd rather you poked me in the eye with a poker than made me listen to a Monitor Audio speaker.... the Dyn's are good, but i've never got on with their floor standers, the Heritage stand mount that they've recently launched would get my vote.

SO each to their own.... I'd certainly be interested in hearing these! But for the same money you can have an ATC SCM40, or a Spendor A7.... lots of good british speakers at that price point. (And i'd have to spend a chunk to better my Kef R5's!)
I agree i would not mention Monitor Audio, Dynaudio or Q acoustics in the same breath as PMC. Spendor, ProAc ATC definitely would be good alternates.

steve sph

I agree i would not mention Monitor Audio, Dynaudio or Q acoustics in the same breath as PMC. Spendor, ProAc ATC definitely would be good alternates.
Can't agree with this - I've owned several incarnations of Dynaudio speakers - both floorstanding and stand mounted and I have to say they are the best I've ever heard.
Monitor Audio and Q I would agree - decent for the price, but not as good as the alternatives you list.
But Dynaudio's are right up there with the best in my opinion.

barwell1992

I do have a thing for PMC’s they are very nice, in fact the 26i’s or Fact 8’s are about the only thing that I’d get rid of my Mordaunt short Performance 6’s for.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom