PMC twenty 26

deSade

Standard Member
Hi all,

I am looking at switching from a pair of B&W CM9 s2 to a pair of PMC twenty 6's. It's quite an upgrade in price, do I was wondering if anyone had experience of both speakers, or even just the PMC's? I listen to a lot of rock, so I don't know if the extra money would be worth it.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated :)

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Do try and have a listen first. I listen to mainly rock/metal/punk and bought some PMC speakers (without hearing them) and didn't get on with them at all. They were older FB1+ models so no idea how they compare to more recent ones but all reviews/discussions I'd read about them led me to think I was going to love them. The first chap that came to demo when I was selling them bought his own amp and music (mainly rock) and found himself equally as surprised/disappointed as I was.

I wouldn't say they were bad speakers at all and sounded absolutely stunning with a bit of reggae but they weren't right for me and the majority of the stuff I like to listen to. I think I managed about a month before giving in and selling them again!

Nice DK avatar!

Last edited:

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I am looking at switching from a pair of B&W CM9 s2 to a pair of PMC twenty 6's. It's quite an upgrade in price, do I was wondering if anyone had experience of both speakers, or even just the PMC's? I listen to a lot of rock, so I don't know if the extra money would be worth it.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated :)
Well, as an alternative viewpoint - I have a pair of Twenty.26's and they are stunning with Rock, really!

The remastered Led Zep back catalogue sounds like the drums are actually in the room with you!

I've heard a pair of very old B&W's (and therefore may not be truly representative of the brand) and found them quite dry and cold. The PMC's sound much warmer, fuller and richer, and I think a big part of that is due to the Transmission Line bass quality.

They've moved on a lot since the FB series - much more open, detailed and clear.

What amp and sources would you be pairing with them?

I see you posted your query on August 3rd, but haven't used the site that much since, so maybe you'll never read this. Never mind - I would thoroughly recommend them as I think they are wonderful.:)

Craig uk

Well, as an alternative viewpoint - I have a pair of Twenty.26's and they are stunning with Rock, really!

The remastered Led Zep back catalogue sounds like the drums are actually in the room with you!

I've heard a pair of very old B&W's (and therefore may not be truly representative of the brand) and found them quite dry and cold. The PMC's sound much warmer, fuller and richer, and I think a big part of that is due to the Transmission Line bass quality.

They've moved on a lot since the FB series - much more open, detailed and clear.

What amp and sources would you be pairing with them?

I see you posted your query on August 3rd, but haven't used the site that much since, so maybe you'll never read this. Never mind - I would thoroughly recommend them as I think they are wonderful.:)
I agree - the 26 really can rock out and have a wonderfully open soundstage. As you say the pairing electronics will play a major part in presentation also but they really aren’t a fussy speaker at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom