Wanted PMC FB1+ or FB1i, possibly FB1

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by ash23t, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ash23t

ash23t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Looking for a pair of FB1+, FB1i or possible FB1 too. In Oak and with all the accessories such as the plinth, spikes etc. Must be in a well cared for condition. :thumbsup:

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. dazed&confused

dazed&confused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi ash.

I was just about to reply to your offer in the other thread, and I noticed this one.

Thanks for your interest in my speakers. I'm afraid £800 including transport is too much on the low side for me, although not an insulting offer. I'm thinking that if that's your best offer, then it would make more sense for me to start a for sale thread on here and hi-fi wigwam, so that you can bid alongside other people.

My speakers are in excellent condition, as described. You mentioned the Ob1 on offer (for £950 I think). Another comparison is that the Ob1i typically sell for about £2000 to £2200 I think.

Could I ask where you're located, and whether you had a preferred courier in mind? Do you know what the delivery charge would be?

3. ash23t

ash23t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hello,

Apologies but I'm not clued up about couriers as don't buy and sell a lot so don't know costs or have a preferred one. If you let me know the dimensions and weight of the boxes I can take a look though. Also there is some ob1i on eBay listed on the 15th at £1.5k or best offer and they are still hanging around, bearing in mind the seller will also be stung for eBay and maybe paypal fees. PMC OB1 Speaker System

How about £780 and I pick them up. I'm in SW London and according to google maps its 2hours each way. Could probably pick them up today.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  4. dazed&confused

dazed&confused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    £780 it is too low I'm afraid Ash.

Btw, were you thinking of putting them in a car? I'm not sure they would fit. Each box measures 118.5cm x 31.5cm x 43.5cm.

5. ash23t

ash23t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, been out to measure the car! Its a hatchback and with rear seats down its 150cm length and 90-100cm width so would be fine.

But reluctant to offer more than £780 as suspect its very fair, if not generous as a 4 hour journey won't be fun! If you change your mind/list your own thread then please let me know. Have a good weekend.

6. dazed&confused

dazed&confused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi ash.

No worries – I totally understand, four hours would be a long journey!

Sorry, I've only just realised I missed the first half of your previous post. I had a look at those speakers on eBay and they are Ob1, not Ob1i, which is a very big difference. Also they are cherry oak, which is a less desirable colour.

I should probably look into the Courier situation myself, and then start a for sale thread. I'll certainly let you know when I do.

7. ash23t

ash23t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    bump to the top, anyone have any PMC floor standers for sale?