1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PMC DB1 and DB1+

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nichop, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Nichop

Nichop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ive just liistened to the PMC DB1s (not the +s) and to be honest was quite disappointed. The bottom end seamed quite forced at times and the top end was harsh (certainly in comparison to the EPOS M12s, the other speakers I was listening to).
    Does anyone know how the new DB1+s compare ? I notice they now have a soft dome tweeter so would expect the top end harshness to reduce. Any experience anyone ?

Nick

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    What equipment were you listening to them on?

3. Nichop

Nichop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Arcam A65 Amp. Arcam CD72 CD.

4. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Should be an ok combination. I haven't heard the new DB1's but I was impressed by the old ones. The new Tweeter should only make things better. On paper the Epos shouldn't come close. The only thing I can suggest is maybe they weren't broken in properly? When I got my OB1's it took what seemed like forever to break them in. 500-1000 hours before they started to sound remotely 'right'. What you're describing sounds like they are brand new!
    Of course this is all conjecture it could just be they don't sound right to you. If that is the case you could try the Quad 11L's? A lot different to the PMC's and a very good match for Arcam.
    HTH