PMC DB1+ against QUAD 12L2 SPEAKERS

simonoaks

Hi,

Have not heard anything yet to rival the demo of the PMCs I had, but of course cannot check every product on the market.

I like the look of the Quads, anyone have any opinions on their movie and music performance and how they might compare to the PMCs.

cheers

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Good as the Quads are if you liked the PMC you won't like them... they're not the same presentation or style.

If you're looking for other speakers at the price point, Dynaudio Focus 110 can be had for similar and IMHO knocked the socks of the DB1+ - each to their own mind, i mean some people like the sound of MA Gold Series :eek:

simonoaks

cheers,

will cross the QUADs off the list as not worth demoing then, don't know the Dynaudio Focus 110 , will go investigate. Are they well known i.e. easy to find dealer to demo ?

You are just trying to dig at a couple of people with your MA Gold comment :lesson:

But I agree, after demoing them, I think they are very poor for the money compared with others :rotfl:

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Not a dig... just a little tongue in cheek to make the point that what one person likes, another can't stand!

By all means listen to the Quads, they did little for me...

The Dyns are a popular make, i find it easier to dem them than PMC near me!

GW43

Not a dig... just a little tongue in cheek to make the point that what one person likes, another can't stand!

By all means listen to the Quads, they did little for me...

The Dyns are a popular make, i find it easier to dem them than PMC near me!

Valid point - I listened to some Dynaudio - couldn't be bothered to find out what model as they seemed to lifeless! However, my MA GR10s push all my buttons (might be cos I'm getting on a bit so need the emphasised highs that others complain of!).

Each to their own!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom