PMC CI speakers

The PMC CI speakers look very interesting. I have not heard them myself but the CI 140 does look very interesting.

I suggest you contact PMC directly to see which dealers in your area have the CI range on demo.

Me personnaly I'm interested in the CI65 as LCR and CI30 as surrounds.
I already contacted some dealers here in Benelux but until now no luck to get a demo.

I contacted PMC about these speakers.
Apparently the speakers are not available yet. They will come out end of October.

I was going to start a new thread but then found this old one and thought I should resurrect it instead.

I heard a set of these on Saturday when I visited @Seriously Ltd . They featured in a pretty basic 5.1 set up with two ci65's for L&R, a ci90slim for the centre, and a pair of ci30's for surrounds in the ceiling. A little unconventional placing them there, but needs must in a showroom chock full of lovely gear.

Like the McIntosh products they were partnered with PMC is a brand I was very aware of but had never heard. And like I said in the McIntosh thread, I was actually quite shocked at how good the system sounded.

There was a lot of detail, dynamics were good, and the presentation was large and very cohesive. The little surround speakers were impressive and I am currently thinking about replacing my ceiling speakers with them as they're a bit more refined than what I currently have and will be a closer match to the base layer. All in all I was really impressed!

Last edited:
We are delighted to add PMC Ci speakers to our portfolio. PMC like, M&K Sound, are used throughout Hollywood and the world, in both movie and music mastering studios and are the go to loudspeakers for many famous artists.

This is why we favour studio grade speaker systems for our clients projects.

We have exclusive access to the PMC Ci range of loudspeakers in Hertfordshire and also the use of PMC headquarters incredible Dolby Atmos 9.3.6 cinema for client demonstrations.

Our 5.1 PMC surround system has really blown us away with its huge, detailed, smooth and accurate reproduction of both movies and music. Our demonstration system is comprised of the Ci65 L&R, Ci90 Slim centre and Ci30 surrounds. The PMC system is underpinned by an M&K V15+ subwoofer and processing and amplification by McIntosh.

The PMC Ci range is very flexible and scaleable to meet client and room requirements with the Ci140, Ci90, Ci65, Ci45 and Ci30 speakers that are all available as in wall or on wall in both black and white with their interchangeable grills and sleeves. The Ci140 subwoofer is also pretty special.

We would highly recommend anyone looking for speakers with such huge studio heritage to come and listen to our M&K and PMC systems.
2091F8DE-1114-42FD-8B37-F652A4B3E995.jpeg

Nice set up with the Mcintosh kit.

I was a long time MK user for over 20 years and then went over to PMC and have never looked back.

Both are great brands in their respective fields. My MK sub also stayed in the room when the PMC speakers came in. A great match up imho.

I am about a week away from my 7.4.4 PMC Ci series home theatre being completed so will report back with my first impressions as soon as I can.

I am about a week away from my 7.4.4 PMC Ci series home theatre being completed so will report back with my first impressions as soon as I can.
Would love to hear your impressions.

Nice. Which ones are you getting?
Ci140 for LCR and then ci30s for surrounds and heights. Powered by an anthem mrx1140. It’s been a year in the planning so to say I’m exited to be nearing completion would be a massive understatement!!

Yes of course and I’m glad there’s now a revived thread for us to discuss all things PMC!!
Fantastic system sir💯 It will sound awesome.

Yes I agree and really looking forward to your thoughts and pictures if possible.

I am spending the day with PMC (including the director and the PMC R&D team) today where they will be evaluating our Ci showroom system amongst other discussions.

Fantastic system sir💯 It will sound awesome.

Yes I agree and really looking forward to your thoughts and pictures if possible.

I am spending the day with PMC (including the director and the PMC R&D team) today where they will be evaluating our Ci showroom system amongst other discussions.
Will definitely post some pics when it’s complete - probably a week away.

Good luck with the PMC evaluation!

Ci140 for LCR and then ci30s for surrounds and heights. Powered by an anthem mrx1140. It’s been a year in the planning so to say I’m exited to be nearing completion would be a massive understatement!!
Very nice indeed. The Ci140's look very capable. Looking forward to hearing your impression when your system is complete.

CI 140 make for a very potent front soundstage.

I like the fact that they are also a very easy load on the amp. I'd be interested to know the crossover points for your speakers with the Anthem once you have them set up.

Will you be using a subwoofer?

CI 140 make for a very potent front soundstage.

I like the fact that they are also a very easy load on the amp. I'd be interested to know the crossover points for your speakers with the Anthem once you have them set up.

Will you be using a subwoofer?
Will let you know the crossover points for sure.

As for subs, we were slightly restricted on how deep they could be so we’ve gone for 4 x SVS SB3000s. Essentially one in each corner.

Couldn’t stretch to the ci140subs and wasn’t sure how they compared to the rest of the market as there aren’t many reviews about them.

4954A13E-EFA1-49B8-A452-9FC577FFA0B7.jpeg
So I may have been a bit ambitious with my prediction that the room will be finished this week but we’re getting there. We have at least been able to get one of the ci140s out of the box which is great.

Attachments

• 27C98C85-8050-4756-8FB2-8BD6B968F8CC.jpeg
    27C98C85-8050-4756-8FB2-8BD6B968F8CC.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 78
View attachment 1759723So I may have been a bit ambitious with my prediction that the room will be finished this week but we’re getting there. We have at least been able to get one of the ci140s out of the box which is great.
Very nice indeed. Nice installation. I think I know the company carrying out the works 💯👌

The system should absolutely rock when you get it all dialled in.

Look forward to seeing more build picks and your thoughts when you eventually get everything installed.

What made you go for the PMC CI series? Did you have any other speakers in mind as well?

We have just agreed a PMC/McIntosh 5.2.2 media room that is going to be absolutely stunning.

The room will feature a 100” TV, fabric wall design and bespoke cabinetry including in built drinks chillers. We will also be removing the doors to create pocket doors to enhance the flow into the room.

Our interior designer and cabinet makers are now finalising the design with the client. Installation February 2023.

Hearing some good things with PMC, so I need to have a think about this.

Your place is impressive on what's there to demo, it is going to be either PMC or M&K me thinks.

What's the situation with the bass Richard? Do you feel M&K for that and PMC for the rest of the speakers?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom