PMB blu ray add on software please help!!!

CometMan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello there guys i am driving nuts over here whit this stupid download manager from sony, i own a camcorder sony hdr-sr1e 30gb hdd avchd, i recently bought a blu ray recorder but my pmb doesn`t have any blu ray compatibility, so i updated to version 4.2.10 whit no problems but no blu ray support yet, so i found the blu ray add on software, but first i need to get it by a download manager that cannot detect my camera, and so can`t find a way to download the add on so i can burn my avchd into bd-r directly. the error message is in troubleshooting section but the answer is worst than the error, the camera is well connected, the pmb pops up asking if i want to backup the videos and pics, everything is ok but the download manager tells me all the time this error:

The supported camcorder is not connected. the rest is ok, the pmb is ok, blu ray unit ok, but he can`t see the camera so no download of the blu ray add on

can anyone help i am really desperate maybe if it isnt asking too much maybe someone could download it for me or give a link of where i can download it

i really dont understand how sony gives away a software for handling HD whitout blu ray support

please help

Hello there guys i am driving nuts over here whit this stupid download manager from sony, i own a camcorder sony hdr-sr1e 30gb hdd avchd, i recently bought a blu ray recorder but my pmb doesn`t have any blu ray compatibility, so i updated to version 4.2.10 whit no problems but no blu ray support yet, so i found the blu ray add on software, but first i need to get it by a download manager that cannot detect my camera, and so can`t find a way to download the add on so i can burn my avchd into bd-r directly. the error message is in troubleshooting section but the answer is worst than the error, the camera is well connected, the pmb pops up asking if i want to backup the videos and pics, everything is ok but the download manager tells me all the time this error:

The supported camcorder is not connected. the rest is ok, the pmb is ok, blu ray unit ok, but he can`t see the camera so no download of the blu ray add on

Are you talking about a BLU RAY recorder or burner,Pansonic are the only BD recorders on the market at present and i dont know how you would make BDs from your avchd cam i know they have a firewire socket for HDV connection, clearly we need to know what model BD recorder you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am talking about the a computer blu ray recorder, Dvd LG Blu-Ray BH08LS20 Sata.

But the problem is not the blu ray unit, the problem is that the update program doesn`t detect the camera altought the camera is well connected by usb as they ask but still i cant download the blu ray add on software because i keep getting the error that the supported camera isn`t connected

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
i am talking about the a computer blu ray recorder, Dvd LG Blu-Ray BH08LS20 Sata.

But the problem is not the blu ray unit, the problem is that the update program doesn`t detect the camera altought the camera is well connected by usb as they ask but still i cant download the blu ray add on software because i keep getting the error that the supported camera isn`t connected

Panasonic DMR-BS850 Freesat Blu-ray & HDD Recorder Review - Home Cinema Reviews - TrustedReviews i thought you were talking about one of these maybe sorry i cant help.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
help anyone??
Im sorry no one has come on to help

As I understand it, The crux of your problem is that Sonys download manager is refusing to "see" your connected camcorder for the purposes of allowing the download of a BD add on

The poor response might be perhaps because it may not be a widespread problem or that folk have given up and decided to use better alternatives

Ive never rated PMB that much myself ( Personal view) and there is nothing you want to do with it that is impossible to do with other software although I would certainly let you have the BD add on it if I could download it myself

Just to see if i could duplicate your problem I have PMB ver 4.2 for use on a long loan SonyXR200V and downloaded the manager just now, connected the camcorder, pressed usb connect, (PMB fired up) and left the lcd open , ,proceeded with download but because I dont have a BD burner , it would not proceed, so it did see the camcorder in this case but would not carry on due to no BD burner.
( See the thumbnail attached).
FWIW Ive wanted to get a BD burner ( LG just like you have) but Im less keen on an internal model as I already got an LG BD ROM ( which cost half the price of the burner) and DVD ROM on each slot. Also I would want to be able to use the BD burner away from my PC at home .
and use the WDTV media player a fair bit to play files .
For BD playback I have 2 or 3 Settop BD players too in addition to the BD ROM drive on PC

http://www.avforums.com/forums/camc...y-pmb-how-make-bd-discs-work.html#post9466741

Saying that, I believe the LG unit you bought will have some BD authoring capabilities which may be better than PMBs add on

Would it not be pragmatic to explore using those,?

It seems that Sony in its wisdom is trying to ensure anyone without their hardware has no access o software they consider valuable and are ( as usual) overdoing it
Up till recently you were stuffed if you lost your original BD software CD as Sony would not allow download except for upgrades

Attachments

• PMB error.jpg
    PMB error.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
hello senu, thanks for all the help you are the few people that really understands the problem but i solved it!!!
after chating whit sony assistance in US they didn*t even understood what my problem was and told to the end of the conversation that the software add on i was looking for didn`t exist, i kind of gave up in sony assistance
they told me that wasnt there problem, and told me to get in touch whit sony europe, i gave up and didnt even tried that. after some hours around this i figure it out.

the problem was the usb driver that windows xp was using to identify the camera.xp was telling me the camera was a mass storage Hdd, and not as a real sony camcorder, i tried to reinstall the usb driver same result, for an instant i saw in device manager sony camera when plugged but then changed to mass storage, it should be fixable in that windows, but i connected the camera to my other pc using windows 7, took the blu ray recorder, and of course installed pmb latest version, the windows 7 sees the camera as a sony camcorder usb, and runned the download manager and FINALLY GOT IT!!! took me a while to think about the way windows xp sees the camera but i finally got it, besides that there isnt much to tell, downloaded the 15mb add on that cannot be found anywhere in the net besides sony japan server, and installed on my fathers pc whit xp and voila!! job done now i can record the avchd footage directly into blu rays and see it in ps3 :)

i like picture motion browser as much as you do :(, but my father is already mastered that software, and start over whit another one its just a pain in the ass, also the big advantage is that you can record uncompressed footage at max quality whit few clicks whit 5.1 dolby whitout converting or any kind of procedure making only smooth transitions between footage.

i have been trying avs video editor, quite cool software, avchd editing and blu ray support, but it always needs to convert to something in other better or worse quality files.
ALso turn them into gigantic files like 1min=500mb of 1080p 24fps dont really know why this happens.
And also only converts sound to 2 channel, not really what i was looking for

all i really wanted was direct uncompressed and untouched 1080p footage from the camera into blu rays only whit smooth transitions of course whit the native 5.1 dolby and that is what pmb really does

the other converts and have inferior sound for x10 the space

thanks to all that tried to help
if you ever have this problem pm me
and check the usb driver of your operative sistem to see if it sees the camera well
if anyone have the need of the add on software also let me know

thanks to all

Last edited:
Im really glad to see you sorted:thumbsup:
I hadnt seen this until just now
However I have been trying myself to get a BD burner but felt the Ext ones cost a bit too much and I wanted e-sata not USB
After I tried to download the PMB BD Add on I then went to the shop and saw they had an external unit which cost less than £20 more than internal, and then bought it on impulse, rigged it up and within 10 mins had the elusive Download ,, happy to email it to you if need be, but you dont need it now

Im not sure how often Ill use the burner but even if I only make a few BDs discs a year (I would rather just watch footage via my WDTV media player) it may not be wasted money besides it is also a BD player for my laptop

I guess at 25Gb for a Disc BD-R media may also be a good archiving solution although I need to find those cheap discs Chris (Chrishull3 keeps talking about)

Tell your Dad if he want to get adventurous, there is more out there than PMB but if it works, for him.. fine

Attachments

• pmb bd update3b.jpg
    pmb bd update3b.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 165
  • pmb bd update4b.jpg
    pmb bd update4b.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 196
  • pmb bd update2b.jpg
    pmb bd update2b.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Im really glad to see you sorted:thumbsup:
I hadnt seen this until just now
However I have been trying myself to get a BD burner but felt the Ext ones cost a bit too much and I wanted e-sata not USB
After I tried to download the PMB BD Add on I then went to the shop and saw they had an external unit which cost less than £20 more than internal, and then bought it on impulse, rigged it up and within 10 mins had the elusive Download ,, happy to email it to you if need be, but you dont need it now

Im not sure how often Ill use the burner but even if I only make a few BDs discs a year (I would rather just watch footage via my WDTV media player) it may not be wasted money besides it is also a BD player for my laptop

I guess at 25Gb for a Disc BD-R media may also be a good archiving solution although I need to find those cheap discs Chris (Chrishull3 keeps talking about)

Tell your Dad if he want to get adventurous, there is more out there than PMB but if it works, for him.. fine

MaxMedia Supplies Ltd Blu-Ray Discs

Carol S showed these ,the verbatin i use seem to have gone up to £4 for at present,not into WDTV media play for home made films but ETTO ;)

Thanks an excellent one to book mark:smashin:
I wil discuss Disc versus Media Player later especially as Im now have both ;)
but
The idea of offloading footage to a HDD and watching off TV immediately especially on the same HDD which it is stored on appeals to me especially as it can actually play not just files but also ISO image files as well at 1080p from a small portable unit
So not just Camcorder footage but footage from just about anywhere
I d0 have a lot of Hi def files from all over the place which would look nicer play on my TV ( or projector) rather than just on the PC and I wold be loath to create discs for that !

Certainly when you have folk who own BD players it than becomes pressing to give the BD not DVD discs but despite the now very low cost of BD players not a lot of folk I know actually own one blaming the cost of the Discs ( which is really not that bad ) and Until your links, the cheapest I cold get BD media was £4 for one, I got 3 for £12 just today , hopefully for the last time.!:mad:

Last edited:
Thanks an excellent one to book mark:smashin:
I wil discuss Disc versus Media Player later especially as Im now have both ;)
but
The idea of offloading footage to a HDD and watching off TV immediately especially on the same HDD which it is stored on appeals to me especially as it can actually play not just files but also ISO image files as well at 1080p from a small portable unit
So not just Camcorder footage but footage from just about anywhere
I d0 have a lot of Hi def files from all over the place which would look nicer play on my TV ( or projector) rather than just on the PC and I wold be loath to create discs for that !

Certainly when you have folk who own BD players it than becomes pressing to give the BD not DVD discs but despite the now very low cost of BD players not a lot of folk I know actually own one blaming the cost of the Discs ( which is really not that bad ) and Until your links, the cheapest I cold get BD media was £4 for one, I got 4 for £12 just today , hopefuly for the last time.!:mad:

If you think about it though 4 for £4 each is not that bad if they are a good brand with cases,less than double the cost per minute than mini dv :smashin:

Last edited:
If you think about it though 4 for £4 is not that bad if they are a good brand with cases,less than double the cost per minute than mini dv :smashin:
....and Until your links, the cheapest I cold get BD media was £4 for one, I got 3 for £12 just today , hopefully for the last time.!

It was 1 for £4+, (4 quid for one disc) 3 of them were about £12.43 ( or so), as they would not sell them as singles
Last time Im getting them from there
The Shop I got the Burner from is getting some in on Tues Ill see how that compares to online rates ( for emergency purchases)
The burner itself (BE06LU10) hasnt been used to burn anything but it is a decent BD player even via USB2 and it came with one BD-RE and the Usual Cyberlink Software disc

Last edited:
I realize this is very old, but I ran into the very same problem as CometMan trying to download the Sony PMB blu-ray add on. I had the right camera attached (HDR-CX15), a blu-ray burner (LG super multi), but the sony download manager said I didn't have the right camera. Exasperating. It felt like the same reason, too - I was using XP and it was being recognized as a Hard Drive, not a Camcorder.

CometMan had one solution that I can't try, but he gave me a hint. My camcorder has internal flash as well as an SD card. I took out the USB card and made the camera connect to the card instead of the internal flash... and BINGO! Downloadmanager let me do the download this time (I guess since it didn't see the mem as a hard drive because it wasn't there).

Why on earth does Sony make me go to a web-site to get an add-on for a product I legitimately purchased? Further, why isn't the software included on the CD that comes with the camcorder? Lunacy.

Anyway, glad I found this string!

- Sean

Could someone send me the sony blu ray file, I'm tired of trying to get the stupid thing to download. Thanks!

I realize this is very old, but I ran into the very same problem as CometMan trying to download the Sony PMB blu-ray add on. I had the right camera attached (HDR-CX15), a blu-ray burner (LG super multi), but the sony download manager said I didn't have the right camera. Exasperating. It felt like the same reason, too - I was using XP and it was being recognized as a Hard Drive, not a Camcorder.

CometMan had one solution that I can't try, but he gave me a hint. My camcorder has internal flash as well as an SD card. I took out the USB card and made the camera connect to the card instead of the internal flash... and BINGO! Downloadmanager let me do the download this time (I guess since it didn't see the mem as a hard drive because it wasn't there).

Why on earth does Sony make me go to a web-site to get an add-on for a product I legitimately purchased? Further, why isn't the software included on the CD that comes with the camcorder? Lunacy.

Anyway, glad I found this string!

- Sean

Dear CometMan

I have a similar problem and I am exhausted, Sony support is crap. My problem is that if i run DownloadManager_1102c.exe it keeps saying no connection to the internet. Sony says its a miscrosoft problem, microsoft says its a sony problem. I have uptdated my system and also MSI Installer. I can download sony software from my laptop (same system, firewalls virusprograms internetconection etc) and updated PMB in this way copying the downloaded installer from the laptop to the PC. But since the latop has no BD player i cant download this ****ing BD addon from there. My system is XP SP3 32 bit my cam is HDR-CX550VE, I have an internal LG BD burner which is recognised by windows etc. Although the burner comes with the LG Burning suite and loads of programs its only possibe to burn BD data discs (which may DB player of course doensent recognise as video) with that and not BD video discs directly, which is the only reason i want to use PMB....

So if you or anyone else has the same system and cam it would be great if I could get it that way somehow.

Best Greetings

Django

hello senu, thanks for all the help you are the few people that really understands the problem but i solved it!!!
after chating whit sony assistance in US they didn*t even understood what my problem was and told to the end of the conversation that the software add on i was looking for didn`t exist, i kind of gave up in sony assistance
they told me that wasnt there problem, and told me to get in touch whit sony europe, i gave up and didnt even tried that. after some hours around this i figure it out.

the problem was the usb driver that windows xp was using to identify the camera.xp was telling me the camera was a mass storage Hdd, and not as a real sony camcorder, i tried to reinstall the usb driver same result, for an instant i saw in device manager sony camera when plugged but then changed to mass storage, it should be fixable in that windows, but i connected the camera to my other pc using windows 7, took the blu ray recorder, and of course installed pmb latest version, the windows 7 sees the camera as a sony camcorder usb, and runned the download manager and FINALLY GOT IT!!! took me a while to think about the way windows xp sees the camera but i finally got it, besides that there isnt much to tell, downloaded the 15mb add on that cannot be found anywhere in the net besides sony japan server, and installed on my fathers pc whit xp and voila!! job done now i can record the avchd footage directly into blu rays and see it in ps3 :)

i like picture motion browser as much as you do :(, but my father is already mastered that software, and start over whit another one its just a pain in the ass, also the big advantage is that you can record uncompressed footage at max quality whit few clicks whit 5.1 dolby whitout converting or any kind of procedure making only smooth transitions between footage.

i have been trying avs video editor, quite cool software, avchd editing and blu ray support, but it always needs to convert to something in other better or worse quality files.
ALso turn them into gigantic files like 1min=500mb of 1080p 24fps dont really know why this happens.
And also only converts sound to 2 channel, not really what i was looking for

all i really wanted was direct uncompressed and untouched 1080p footage from the camera into blu rays only whit smooth transitions of course whit the native 5.1 dolby and that is what pmb really does

the other converts and have inferior sound for x10 the space

thanks to all that tried to help
if you ever have this problem pm me
and check the usb driver of your operative sistem to see if it sees the camera well
if anyone have the need of the add on software also let me know

thanks to all

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom