1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz recommend me a 32" or 37" pannel

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by huyster, Nov 19, 2003.

1. huyster

huyster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi.

First off, I'd just like to say that I'm totally new to plasma; only very recently been looking through this forum for info.

I'd really like to get a 42" Panasonic 6 series but it's just too big to fit in my living room.

Because of the space constrint, I think a 32" or 37" would be better but I don't really know where to start (I only knew about the 42" Panny because of all the raves).

I don't want a "tv" i.e. no tuner and definately no speakers as I'll be using a freeview box for tv and PS2 for DVDs - both connected to surround sound decoder.

Could any kind souls please point me towards the right direction?

Oh, if it helps, my budget is £3k =)

Cheers,
    h

2. whuuf

whuuf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to recommend the philips 32" & 37" PF9965 plasmas, it has a very good picture but comes with speakers and tuner box.
    There's also the highly rated hitachi 32PD3000 but that also comes with non detachable speakers and tuner box.
    Otherwise you might be able to pick up the discontinued panasonic 37" pw5 if you do some hard hunting.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Panny 37" it is, unless you fancy treading the early adopters path to an NEC 30" LCD for round about that, ones I've seen look good, 1280x768 res, which is good compared to the panny,but you lose out on contrast, and there may be an issue about response time for gameplay, though it's very fast by lcd standards. It it just a panel, no silly tuners and speakers.