• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plz help - Sony Bravia KDL37S5500

bulktrans

Standard Member
Hi there,

I ordered the Sony Bravia KDL37S5500 from John Lewis (with 5 yrs warranty).

As I am not well versed with the tech terms etc I was wondering if someone could let me know if I have made the write decision.

I will not be using this TV for gamin purposes but for watching movies, TV & watching movies from my sony laptop.

Thanks so much,
bulktrans

S Bibby

Established Member
Hi B,
I will not be using this TV for gamin purposes but for watching movies, TV & watching movies from my sony laptop.

I think the Sony is better at HD than SD (that is, Freeview and DVD will not look as good). If the upscaling is decent you will get a good DVD picture, but I wouldn't expect much from SD broadcasts like Freeview or Sky. If you are watching Blu Ray or other HD Video from your PC the quality should be quite good.

Sony don't have the best viewing angle so you will only get the best picture from the front of the screen. A few degrees to the side is OK but you might start to see the picture fade a little - this is common to the panel used (MVA). Any LCD TV will have similar issues though, and I think the colours and detail are quite reasonable. Colour/Contrast can be adjusted on the set and there are a few different settings. I would probably check it out as soon as possible to make sure you are happy with it, and post back if you have any problems.

Hope this is of some help,
Simon

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom