Plz help on headphones for movies, gaming, sports!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by l0l, Dec 31, 2011.

1. l0l

l0l
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody,

I wanna get myself some decent headphones in the price range of up to € 150 (125 pounds).

I´ve got a Panasonic PX80 tv, xbox 360 (old model), phillips blu ray player and a digital cable box.
    I will be using the headphones for gaming (xbox), movies (blu ray + tv), sports (tv).

I think it´s pretty safe to say that I will spend the majority of time watching sports and movies, but I also spend a fair amount of time plain Xbox so that the headphones have to do a good job all around.

Going through amazon a bit I am down to two models as of right now:

1. Sennheiser HD 518
    2. Tritton AX 720

I also read that the Turtle Beach X41 are pretty good, but I am not a huge fan of having to change the batteries all the time since they are wireless.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Which ones are better for me, what other options are there? What are the advantages/disadvantages of "normal" headphones (HD 518) VS real gaming headphones? Will the gaming headphones do a good job watching TV/blu ray as well or are they only good for gaming?

Hoping to get a few helpful answers. Thanks

2. Drubbing

Drubbing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Headphones can do it all, even gaming/360 degree sound. Gaming headsets are cheap ***** that sound crap. And break.

Be aware, you aren't running with the best sources - TV, consoles, DVD/Blu ray aren't particularly good audio sources. A good headphone won't make then provide better SQ. Also, movies, games and sport are less demanding audio wise, so consider spending less, given the extra cash won't necessarily provide extra benefit.

These are decent for the price.

Senn HD215, Shure 440, AT-M50

Open phones work beterr for gaming - AT AD700 is loved a lot.

3. l0l

l0l
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well if the sources are not all that good I won´t hear that much of a difference I guess.

I don´t know if it is save to say that the AX 720s are crap though, cause all I read on amazon about them is pretty positive.

4. Drubbing

Drubbing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Do any of them have anything other than other headsets to compare them to?

$200 headsets won't sound as good as $100 headphones.