Plz help. Is Integarated Amplifier Roksan BLAK much different from Amp Roksan K3

AudiobeginnerVN

Novice Member
Dear Brothers,
I'm using Roksan Amp K3 to pair with Tannoy xt6f for my system. Recently I have a good offer for Amp Roksan BLAK. Could you plz advice if I should upgrade to BLAK one. Is BLAK much difference in compare with K3.
(In the future, I'm going to upgrade to Tannoy Turnberry Gr Speakers from Tannoy Xt 6F and I'm thinking to pair BLAK with Tannoy turnberry GR. Plz share your experience if you have owned/demoed this system.)
Thanks for your advice,
David

SamyBoy13

I haven't heard Roksan Blak but I've heard the Caspian M2 and Blak is supposed to improve upon the Caspian. Thus I would say it would be a significant improvement in control of the low end as well as quality. In addition, when I've auditioned Caspian it sounded much fuller than K3, more alive and engaging. Yet ultimately Yamaha 3000 sounded better than Caspian.

Yamaha AS2100 is priced at 1400-1500 pounds and might be a good alternative to the Blak as you get almost the same as as3000 just with less power but the same sound as well as-built quality.

Remember more expensive doesn't mean better as room acoustics, speaker placement and even the mood you are in plays a huge part. Thus audition all options at least twice as WOW effect got many people including myself e.g. when I auditioned Chord Dave then concluded Qutests is dam close for a fraction of a price.

AudiobeginnerVN

Novice Member
It seems that Roksan brandname is not popular. I googled abt this topic but not many reviews. Roksan Blak has USB DAC, LED, XLR terminals while K3 has only basic terminals so i think it is cheaper for this reason, right?

SamyBoy13

It is not only the USB DAC XLR etc. It is about control, power, and tonality. Simply because someone can benchpress 150kg doesn't mean they control the weight. A similar principle applies to amplifiers and some are better than others. This doesn't mean that less capable ones are bad, but just not as capable. I always say there are amps that make speakers sing and others that just reproduce sounds.

Please don't fall into a trap on relying on peoples' opinions they are as good as a person's ears and are highly subjective due to different tastes/room acoustics etc. Cant, you audition Roksan Caspian M2 as it should provide 80% of Blak amp capability or even better audition the Blak? I've traveled just over 100 miles one way to audition Yamaha As-3000.

AvOnline provides 14 'try before you buy' which costs you £100 if you decide not to buy (However is subjective to credit card limit). I believe they will match deals if you can get it in writing (Always worth asking )? When it comes to amps once you go above £1000 differences are there but not as much as going from Av receiver to +£400 integrated/power amp so you need to ask yourself if the extra cost is worth it or perhaps it might be better to spend money elsewhere?

In all honesty, if you got a good deal on it you can always sell it back for a minimal loss? I'm unsure what to advise, as what I like and/or hear might not be what you like. Ultimately it is your decision to make depending on your circumstances and we all are here are just to advise. Almost everyone on this forum bought something they didn't like at some stage of their HIFI journey, despite all the positive feedback. It is all about the journey, enjoy it and all the best! Happy New Year!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom