1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help>AEGO 2 to TV???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by butch9850, Dec 11, 2004.

1. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am wondering,how do you connect the aego 2 active subwoofer,to my tv?

There wasn't a phono to phono that came,so i used the one that came with dvd player(which was a suprise)

There was a cable to go to an amplifier(but i don't use one).

The other cable seemed to be a stereo mini jack cable,with 2 phono ends..I tried this from the front of the subwoofer,into the tv,left+right outputs..And all i got was hissing.No sound from the speakers.

Must i buy another stereo mini jack wire?

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    That should work just fine (two phono to stereo mini jack). Perhaps there's an option on the tv to turn those outputs on?

3. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know...The stereo to 2 phono cable did not seem to work on the tv.The sound was minimum,with hiss..even with the sub volume control at its maximum.

But the tv has L/R outputs presumably for speakers.i WONDER what i'm doing wrong.The speakers work perfectly with the dvd player.

Perhaps it was the cable for a console,or a personal cd player?.

4. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The tv has white,red and yellow outputs,on its side.

White+Red are audio ouputs i presume.

Now i used th wire with the aego 2,one end is a 2 phono(white+red),the other end looks like a stereo mini jack end,to go straight into the front of the active subwoofer(under the volume control).

So i connected up,i don't think i'm doing anything wrong,unless..i need a seperate amplifier,a new cable,or to disconnect something in the system(ie the dvd connection,while using the tv?)

I would describe that sound does enter the speakers,It is barely hearable,even with your face against the tv.Plus a hiss..is heard from speakers,turning up the volume control,doesn't make an ounce of difference.

Am i using the right cable,or not?:)I know i am using it to connect up the dvd player,to L+R..and it works perfectly.
    Why not the tv?.

The tv has a setting...AV1>tv/AV2.....but i don't know what that means.
    Otherwise there's no option to turn on or off,the audio outputs.

I wouldn't think,the system is faulty,just yet,because the speakers+sub do wonders,with my dvd player.

5. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Try the outputs from a cd player or dvd player and see if that works to try to determine if it's the Aego or the tv that is the problem.

The connection you are making sounds fine. You don't need a seperate amp, there is one built into the Aego2 sub.

[Edit - I am blind]

Ok so the Aego is just fine, either the outputs on the tv aren't turned on as I suggested initially or they are broken. Try the tv menus again, I can't think of anything else it can be.

6. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stupid me.

I connected the stereo mini jack end into the headphone outlet,on my tv....and the two phonos into the subwoofer....The tv plays perfectly now.

I just wonder,how if i have the cable the other way round,ie front of suboofer to the L,R on the tv...It does not work.

With the tv using the outputs on the back of the subwoofer(via the headphone jack on the tv).....It seems i have no option now,but to buy another stereo mini jack to 2 phono,to connect into my dvd player.
    Would you advise to stick my tv cabling,as of now?..Or buy some scart to 2 phono?