PLz help 2900 query!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by durk, Nov 24, 2003.

1. durk

durk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi just hoping someone could enlighten me in plan english!

ive recently brought a denon dv2900 which is pluged in to my tv via scart rgb!! so does dvd flag changing from video to graphic depending, on dvd of course effect the picture quality?? i havnt found a film yet that shows up as film on the display! do these only effect the people with prog scan setup's plz help a confused sole:confused:

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The flag display is basically telling you which de-interlacing mode the player is using with the current DVD or section of a DVD.

My understanding is that it is supposed to flag PAL/R2 discs as graphic which is 2:2 pulldown, the video flag is for 50/60 interlaced material and film is for 3:2 pulldown NTSC/R1 material.

So if you have only played PAL/R2 discs then the display should show 'graphic' as the de-interlacing mode.

Now...whether any of that has any effect if your only using the interlaced RGB output I don't know - I have mine connected using the component outputs.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Lee