1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plymouth reception

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by mobily, Sep 5, 2005.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey all,

Does anyone else live in Plymouth and receive a poor reception from the Plymouth multiplex? I receive a weak signal for all channels on the Plymouth multiplex. I e-mailed someone from the Plymouth multiplex regarding this and had the following reply:

Hi James,

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately are coverage in PL1 isn't as good as we
    would like it to be. Due to interference issues with other countries we have to
    run on lower power until 2007. At this point the coverage should significantly
    improve.

Reception for BBC and DigitalOne is very good. Does anyone else suffer from this and is the reception in other areas of Plymouth better? I can't see how only PL1 is affected as surely one transmitter covers the whole of Plymouth.

Cheers :thumbsup:

2. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Hi I used to live in plymouth PL4 and had very poor reception never new why. so that explains it :)

3. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I just bought my mother a DAB for her 50th birthday this week.......she is in PL5

She hasn't managed to pick anything up on it yet :(