1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLV30 vs AE300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mike.hutch, Feb 10, 2003.

1. mike.hutch

mike.hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,

I need some help here, I'm looking at getting a big screen, possibly a plasma, possibly a projector. I've previously had a Sanyo PLV30, but couldn't live with the poor grey/black definition. I'm considering the Panasonic AE300(imported) has anyone here seen both the PLV30 and AE300 and how do they compare?

I'd love to view the AE300 before buying but obviously if I'm having to import it that is not possible.

It's going to be used for DVD's and games (X-Box, PS2 and Gamecube) any views anybody? or should I just stick with the simplicity of the plasma option?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the Panasonic is a LCD (which I think it is) then you'll still never get a true black- you'll need to get a CRT Front Projector for that.

How much dosh have you got?

Personally I feel a CRT Front Projector has a better picture than Plasma (bigger too!)

If you're gonna play games on a Plasma screen burn WILL HAPPEN- they are alot more susceptable than CRT's to burn

Nathan

3. mike.hutch

mike.hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for the info, I've got about £2K to spend, I can't have a CRT tv, as there isn't really enough room - the screen needs to be flat on the wall, so it's either a cheap plasma, or a projector.

The only thing is I don't really want to have the room in total darkness to play games, so I'm not sure that a CRT projector would be any good. Also I only want a screen about 4-5ft if I do use a projector.