1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLV30 – component macrovision fix

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Chris Frost, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I am pleased to announce that Owl now has a solution for the macrovision jitter issue.

Just to recap, this affects only the component input on the PLV30. The S-Video and composite video (single phone connector) inputs work fine. The machines affected are from the first batch delivered to the UK.

If you have purchased your projector recently, or it is working successfully with component video (3 x phono connection) from an unmodified or software hacked DVD player, then you need not worry.

All new PLV30s imported since the end of January have been redesigned to work with macrovision on the component input.

The fix involves changing a circuit board and updating with new software. Sanyo UK will complete this work.

We recommend that any customer with a PLV30 affected should contact their dealer. They will send the unit back to the original distributor for modification. Regretfully Owl can only handle the product we originally supplied.

If the moderator agrees, I’ll monitor this thread and try to answer any questions from owners concerning this issue.

Regards

------------------
    Chris Frost
    Regional Sales Manager-N.England & Scotland
    Owl Video Systems Ltd
    www.owl-video.co.uk

2. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hi chris
    thanks for the great news,will that rectify my playstation problem?
    do you know how long it will take to receive my projector back seeing as owl alredy have it!

thanks again

jason

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Jason,
    I think your playstation is a different issue that needs further investigation.

Did you try the suggestion from my last e-mail? Mail me privately.

Regards

------------------
    Chris Frost
    Owl Video Systems Ltd
    www.owl-video.co.uk

4. ragegames

ragegames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris

Any way to tell from the outside or the serial number whether the PLV30 has the mods?, I only bought mine last week.

Thanks in advance

Peter

5. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Peter,
    Unfortunatley Sanyo haven't kept a serial number log of the machines affected.

However, the projectors have been selling rapidly, so unless you've bought an ex-dem unit or the dealer has held stock in a warehouse since January, it is unlikely that you will be affected.

Regards

------------------
    Chris Frost
    Owl Video Systems Ltd
    www.owl-video.co.uk

6. Rupert Bear

Rupert Bear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had their projector fixed ? How long did it take ? And did it solve the problem completely ?

At present I don't like the idea of being projector-less for several weeks.

Rupert

7. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    well i delivered mine back to where i bought it from. from the time of delivery to the date i recieved it back was approx 3 weeks but i must add the modification wasnt available right away.
    the problems i was having are still there whether the modification was for the problems im having i dont know !!
    are you having the same problems as me unstable picture region 2 discs (input component)and playstation (old grey type)picture pulsing.

jason :confused:

8. Rupert Bear

Rupert Bear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jason,

This is what I feared. I don't have a playstation, but the problem with dvds sounds the same as yours. The picture jitters up and down when using the component input on R2 discs other than MGM discs which all seem to be OK. The few R1 discs I have are all OK. The player is a Sony 735.

It would be interesting to hear from Chris Frost whether the fix has worked for other PLV 30 owners.

Rupert

9. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hi rupert
    i'm actually going to try and take it back shortly,i'm going to take along my playstation to show them the problems and see what they suggest,hopefully it will be good news!!

jason

10. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    well spoke to my supplier today about bringing in my playstation with my projector but they werent interested!!just said bring back projector.( we wont look at it we will just send it straight to sanyo was there answer!!)

i'll keep you posted when i get it back and let you know if it's been cured(hopefully)

jason