PLV-Z2 SKY HD HDMI Problem on 720 or 1080

I

irishstu

Hi, I got sky HD on Monday and after realising 720p will not work with progressive through the z2 (50/60hz) I tried Hdmi. I am getting a black screen until I actually put the box into standby and then turn on again, no big deal but... it is only working on 576p, perfect picture. On 720p or 1080i you can see a picture but it is covered in horizontal interference over the entire screen I plan to take a couple of photos tonight to see if anyone can tell me what this is.

I have a gold plated hdmi to dvi adapter then (cable is installed 2 years) it is either a 10m or 15m (can`t remember) good dvi cable.

I Initally thought it was the length of the cable causing problems and didn`t realise the 576p was working until last night.
I upgraded the firmware on the projector to 106 last year, thought this was to cure a few hdcp probs. I know the z2 is compatable as I have heard from another user on another forum

Is this a hdcp problem?
Can it still be a length problem as more bandwidth is required for the higher resolutions?

I would be really grateful for any replies as until last night from what people say on here you can`t really see difference between hdmi and prog but standing next to the wall last night and switching between the 2 I can see quite a difference

thanks in advance

Stu

Can you get a short HDMI lead and take your projector down and try it close to the box? There are hundreds of long HDMI/DVI cables on the market that simply do not work. Especially two years ago when a lot of installers weren't looking into this properley and were just installing whatever they could get from their suppliers cheap. This is worst case scenario, but you are gonna have to rule it out in case. At 15m cable run the only lead I will use is Bettercables and that's well over £200 for just the cable...

Also the Sanyo Z2 doesn't actually work with 50Hz 720p so it would have to be 1080i you use...

Thanks have just bought an adapter to try that, also got a 10m hdmi hdmi cable. Projector power cable is hardwired into house so I`ll see what difference the 10m hdmi makes. I plan to use this cable for the lcd in the other room and was going to originally put progressive to the proj. But I would still like to know was the expensive dvi cable a waste & would love to see the projector using high def digital signals.
Think it does accept 720p 50hz over hdmi just not prog.. (i think)

stu

I'll be using this pj with the new toshiba HD player that comes out soon, i'll be hooking it up via component 1080i this will work wont it? i read over at AVS that no one has got it to work via hdmi to dvi cable which is a shame. :(

Look at post #17 on page 2 of that link, that guy got 720p at 50hz through dvi, he says it does not work via component...

I emailed sanyo this morning looking their latest firmware but I doubt it will come to anything. I have already upgraded mine to 106 but I`ll know more in the next few days if my problem is cable or projector related..

irishstu said:
Jay, my skyhd works fine over 1080i component..
Ah nice one :smashin:

I've not seen any HD on this pj just normal dvd so i'm hoping it'll be a nice step up? :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom