PLV-Z2 Mounting & connections

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bergsey, Jan 20, 2004.

1. bergsey

bergsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Looking at ceiling mounting the PLV-Z2 and hooking up to my amplifier (Pioneer VSX-700)

Are the ceiling mounts for the Z2 available through pricejapan when purchasing the projector? have people used the sanyo original model or third party and what sort of price am I looking at ?

Secondly, i've read from previous posts that I'll need to order a D4 to 3 RCA component cable to connect the japanese projector to my AMP (Component in - DVD and PS2 connected to Component out on amp). What other cabling is required ?
    (when i spoke to a hifi store here they said they charge approximately $1k for cabling and installation - surely can't be that much required other than power and connection to the amp?)

Thanks

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    For a ceiling mount i would look for an LMP mount (they are sponsors on this forum). They are fantastic looking things and sturdy as you could possibly want. They also will be somewhat better value than anything official.

If all you want to connect is component, then all you need is that connector (assuming you already have source to amp connections). The charge the shop is talking about will include time to install screen and mount projector, buy and hide cables, make it all look neat (and probably using a higher end projector too).

I would however advise considering not only the pricejapan option, with the AE500 showing up very soon in the UK at what seems very good prices, i think this is definitely worth consideration.

ad