PLV-Z2 Can't Resize Image

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xk49, Feb 20, 2013.

1. xk49

xk49
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My projector is 16' away from the screen so it projects the image several inches off the the sides and top of the screen. I'm using a Blu-Ray with component hookups. There is a manual adjustment on the outside of the lens, but I have it as small as it can go and it's still outside of the screen. Also, there's an option on the PLV-Z2 projector to adjust screen size IE. Full, Full Through, Zoom, Normal, Natural Wide, etc. via the remote, but this option only is available sometimes.

In the manual on the "Screen Size Adjustment" pg30 there's a note that says, "Screen Menu cannot be selected when "720", "1035i or "1080i" is selected in the AV System Menu".

Why does video quality prevent me from resizing? Moving projector is not an option and I "really" don't want to get a larger screen.

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,300
    I'm afraid you're going to either have to move it or get a bigger screen. The screen size adjustment stuff is for the VGA input.

A third option would be to change the projector for something with a longer throw.